Please Vote For Rescued Husky Emily

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have never said that votes from outside SA don't count; they probably didn't expect the influx of Husky voters that they've seen.  Here's hoping that they don't make a last minute change to the rules.

Well they only say 'open to public voting' ;)

Nowhere do they mention anything about which country...

Besides I have a feeling they changed the closing date/time because they were not happy with who would've won!

I already had a fight with them on their facebook because they would share the finalist's stories on their fb but only some of the would show on your timeline and nor the others...which is in my opinion a bit unfair!!! And they chose Miles on the day before voting was to close ;)

While they do have 21 finalists, I've just wandered through what I can see of their FaceBook page and Emily was spotlighted on July 7th, so she was one of the early ones.  They spotlighted (spotlit?) several others as the contest has gone on ...

Yeah, but the problem I had with the way they did it was that all of the finalists did not show o everyone's facebook timeline...seeing that facebook does not show you every post of all of your liked pages ;) it's a stupid facebook thing they did not consider!

Thanks for the extra info Al! And most vets in SA deserves a Husky snap now & again :D:rofl:

Just sent him an email with links to the forum and this thread :D

Hopefully we'll see him around here, I'll let you guys know if/when he writes back ;)

Unless I'm very much mistaken there is an Ian Jones reading this  thread as I write this. Hi Ian :wave:

Gary.

Edited by Keeonah

Oh my gosh you're right! Unless it's a freak coincidence of course. Hi Ian! :wave: I believe you've received invitations from two of our family members. Don't worry, we don't bite. Most of the time :D

You guys are like the CIA or NSA or whatever!!! :lmao:

Ok folks Ian and Emily are here.

I must say I am blown away by the support shown for Emily, she has become quite a celebrity here in South Africa among the husky community but I didn't know she was now world famous.  

I am involved with Husky Rescue South Africa as an organising member and I was the lucky one that got to take Emily home when she was discharged from the vets after 2 weeks. Her progress has been amazing to all concerned and she has the most amazing loving personality especially considering what she has been through.

I have 2 other huskies, Panda Bear a 4 year old male, Tequila our alpha female is also 4 years old and now Emily who we estimate to be around 18 months.

I just want to thank you all for the amazing support in voting for her and I hope we can keep her in the lead to win the competition. For those that don't know there is a cash prize for the category winners and overall winner and Emily will be donating any prize money to Husky Rescue South Africa to try help all the other homeless huskies we are trying to find homes for.

Any other questions about her please ask and I have lots of photos if you would like to see more (some unfortunately quite graphic and horrific).

Hi Ian, and welcome! Thanks for joining our crazy community!

And as you will find out we love seeing any Husky pics on here...not just of Emily but your other 2 as well ;)

You and Emily are now world famous!!! Thanks for being an inspiration to us all!

For those that don't know there is a cash prize for the category winners and overall winner and Emily will be donating any prize money to Husky Rescue South Africa to try help all the other homeless huskies we are trying to find homes for.

Now THAT IS SOOOOO AWESOME!!!!!!!

(Sorry for shouting!!!)