Please Vote For Rescued Husky Emily

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ian posted the following on his facebook:

So they think they can pull a fast one on us

Voting has been extended until Monday 9am and to make it worse they have hidden the count so we won't know how we are doing.

The only thing to do is keep voting like mad the whole weekend to make sure Emily does not get caught.

We are all husky people so we have the stamina to keep going.

Seems like Ian was also surprised about voting being extended to Monday and not pleased with the voting count being hidden!

Now that's officially weird!  It's 17:19 in South Africa (10:19 here) and while I couldn't vote earlier (app 09:00) they just allowed me to vote again on my laptop, but not on my tablet ... and I voted on both of them at the same time yesterday.

Emily: <span class="rated" style="display:none;">Voted: <span class="rate_count">3227</span> times</span>

Miles: <span class="rated" style="display:none;">Voted: <span class="rate_count">2593</span> times</span>

Edited by Al Jones

Now that's officially weird!  It's 17:19 in South Africa (10:19 here) and while I couldn't vote earlier (app 09:00) they just allowed me to vote again on my laptop, but not on my tablet ... and I voted on both of them at the same time yesterday.

Haven't you learned that almost everything is weird in South Africa!!! :lmao:

On a serious note, maybe the laptop gets a new IP address everytime it connects to the internet and not the tablet???

Haven't you learned that almost everything is weird in South Africa!!! :lmao:

On a serious note, maybe the laptop gets a new IP address everytime it connects to the internet and not the tablet???

Well, Cindy, you don't strike me as being all that weird and you're from SA!! << ducking >>

<span class="rated" style="display:none;">Voted: <span class="rate_count">3235</span> times</span>

and it does look as if the hidden count is being updated.  I was just able to vote again on my tablet and there are 8 more votes than there were just a few minutes ago.

I can't! :( It's insane here. If I want to go somewhere I'm gonna need to book a slot in the company drivers' timetables. Every single mall/cinema/karaoke place/whatever visit I've had is planned at least three days beforehand. "Oh, they're going to show Maleficent in the local cinema! Best get there in three days!" :(

EDIT: wait I've just re-read that and realized how confusing it sounds. My dad runs a company. The company has drivers. The drivers have timetables and daily schedules. I need to book a slot in that.

The voting as of now looks like:

Above and Beyond

• Unconditional: 633
  • In the name of LOVE: 570
  • Protecting my Dad: 215

All in a days work

• Stop Fireworks: 342
  • From Rescued to Rescuer: 180
  • The Rescue dog that Rescues: 676
Honorary Dog

Stroke of genius

Ultimate Companion

Will of Iron

It has been Emily -vs- Miles from almost the very start.  I (almost) feel bad that the other dogs haven't gotten the votes that these two have because the folks at Karoo really did a good job at picking the finalists.

Obviously someone (group?) is behind Miles as well ... so I don't feel that bad!