Please Vote For Rescued Husky Emily

Emily has 2626 and a decent lead over her closest competitor (as a good Husky should!)  I think all of the dogs in the "Will of Iron" category deserve credit where it's due, they've all had some really tragic events in their lives and to come through at all is nothing short of miraculous!

I looked at the rest of the categories and Emily and Miles are head and shoulders above the rest ... if you haven't voted for her yet, please do.

I checked today, it appears as if it's one vote per user / IP, I voted yesterday and can't vote again today.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GAH thought it's one vote per day. I'll use my brother's computer tomorrow

Good thinking!

Yeah, the company shared Miles' story today on their facebook so he's getting some last minute sympathy votes ;) I think they should only have shared the competition's main page :rolleyes: hopefully she can keep her lead :D

I went completely mad. I voted from here (my laptop), and then my phone, my brother's BlackBerry, my brother's iPhone, my brother's Macbook, my brother's PC (gosh he has a mountain of gadgets) and my dad's PC. I have also spread the link to my friends and ask them to vote :o as a result, Emily is now on 2753 votes!

Done xxxxxx

Thanks Tina!

She has my vote for sure

She has my vote for sure

Thanks Kristin!

voted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Voted again, but for some reason I can't see her vote count now.

Yeah, I noticed they took the count away this afternoon! :(

Voted as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Tiffany!

I went completely mad. I voted from here (my laptop), and then my phone, my brother's BlackBerry, my brother's iPhone, my brother's Macbook, my brother's PC (gosh he has a mountain of gadgets) and my dad's PC. I have also spread the link to my friends and ask them to vote :o as a result, Emily is now on 2753 votes!

You're the best!!! A little bit crazy maybe, but the best! :rofl:

Cindy, what are the chances you can find Ian and invite him to the forum???

and just doing a little looking around he's a volunteer at HuskyRescue.  They have a Facebook page with quite a bit of information about Emily that isn't in the Karoo write up.

This note, the day after she was picked up actually got a chuckle out of me:

TEAM EMILY UPDATE: Joanne Van Niekerk & Abigail Strachan have just been to visit Emily and some good news: she is sitting up and actually snapped at the vet so she is stronger but these are early days. Her test for distemper and tick bite fever came back negative. There are still maggots dying everywhere and she still is weak and in a serious condition. Thank you for all the support!!

1618530_584589048298849_593562559_n.jpg

And if this also works right, here's a picture of her and Ian just a very few days later.

#TeamEmily Emily enjoying some fresh air, she is very weak and anaemic but she is hanging on and as determined as ever. Keep going girl, nearly there.

1604699_10152278722023982_610917805_n.jp

He sorta looks like a 'Jones' just doesn't seem to have as much hair.

Okay, Cindy have I given you enough to get you to drop him / them a line and get them on the forum???

Edited by Al Jones

Thanks for the extra info Al! And most vets in SA deserves a Husky snap now & again :D:rofl:

Just sent him an email with links to the forum and this thread :D

Hopefully we'll see him around here, I'll let you guys know if/when he writes back ;)

Thanks for the extra info Al! And most vets in SA deserves a Husky snap now & again :D:rofl:

Just sent him an email with links to the forum and this thread :D

Hopefully we'll see him around here, I'll let you guys know if/when he writes back ;)

After locating a direct email for him on the HuskyRescue site I did as well ... he'd better show up here!!!  :)

Well, as one Jones to another, he knows what he's in for if he doesn't show up over here.  I don't know about SA, but us Jones' get to be a bit cantankerous at times.

Actually I'd like to see the rest of the Husky Rescue crew (and the adoptive parents) come take a talk with us. 

Well, I must be having a major brain fart here ... I thought I had read where the voting was to end on July 11 but just read this:

As the conclusion of Heroic Tails 2014 draws near, from now until the final winners are announced on the 4th of August, the number of votes will be concealed. Voting officially closes on Monday the 14th of July at 09:00 precisely. So submit your votes now to ensure that your favourite “Heroic Tail” stands a fighting chance of becoming the reigning champion – triumphantly South Africa’s favourite story of 2014.

So it looks like we have a few more days worth of keeping Emily on top ... and taking away the visible vote count, in a word, sucks!

What, they extended the deadline? :o I'm gonna find more gadgets to vote from then :P

Following your lead I realized I can vote from my tower, my laptop and my tablet ... I can't think of any reason we can't keep her on top!  Considering what she went through, the rescue has to have some pretty steep vet bills they can put a couple of R towards.

Well, I must be having a major brain fart here ... I thought I had read where the voting was to end on July 11 but just read this:

So it looks like we have a few more days worth of keeping Emily on top ... and taking away the visible vote count, in a word, sucks!

I saw it ends on Monday too, maybe it was a typo or maybe they extended it...who knows, things like this happen a lot here ;)

Taking the voting count away however sucks!!!!!

And yes, vet bills here in SA can become enormous very quickly! :(

Will let you know if I hear back from him, will probably be Monday since it's a work related email and not personal ;)