My Latest Addition Kiba!

Psykoz

Hello everyone! I want you to meet my newcomer Ajatar Foxi  :lol: 

Foxi s an "old" lead dog who's participated in a lot of sledding contests as well as a few shows in his younger days. Due to some unfortunate events his old family couldn't continue working with their dogs any longer so they decided to re-home them to better suiting homes. I'm very lucky to have had the opportunity of taking him in herz.png He's a bit on the heavy side since he's been inactive for a while but we're working on it!  :D 

post-11484-0-75978700-1399290952_thumb.j

post-11484-0-93117200-1399290967_thumb.j

post-11484-0-89305300-1399290941_thumb.j

Edit: So we decided to let Foxi keep his old name a few days ago, it just didn't feel right to rename him :P Foxi really suits him. 

Thank you guys <3 I  think he really is too  :wub: 

It's so nice to finally have a dog who doesn't have mental issues lol!

He's so calm and secure in every situation I can think of. I already love having dogs again  ^_^

Thank you guys!  :wub:  

About the rescue replies I've gotten, he wasn't really rescued in the sense that he was in a bad place before he got here (maybe it is just that rescuing has a different meaning to me)! He was living with a loving family who treated him very well but they decided that it was best for their dogs if they found new homes for them where they could work  :) all of her five dogs came from a breeder who's bred working huskies for 30 years or so, they really need to work to be happy. I'd just like to make that clear because I don't want anyone to think he was treated poorly before I took him in, his first owners are very decent and loving people!

Kiba got a rawhide bone today and by the looks of it, he really loved it a lot  :lol: 
8BuyZ.jpg

We haven't come that far yet, he still needs to pass his senior check at the vet in a couple of weeks so I know how much time to spend on warming him up and stretching after etc. He's not young anymore after all :( It's also getting a bit too hot outside for running/pulling but hopefully we'll have some chilly mornings and evenings when I can go out to train!  :lol: His previous owner actually GAVE me her old sled and kickbike  :omg:  I had to ask her three times if she really meant it because those are worth like 2000 euros together, it's a custom made sled for competitions O___O Soo incredibly generous! I still feel bad for taking them, but she really wanted to help me gearing up  :wub:  Can't wait to use them! I'll have to wait a while before I can use the sled though  :P 

Here's a picture of the bike! 

post-11484-0-44583900-1399392377_thumb.j

This forum and its people..  :wub:  So many lovelies here!

Anyway we couldn't wait  :P:redface1: we decided to try out the pawtrekker for only a mile or so since the weather was perfect and they were both quite restless.

I am soo proud of Rosko! He knew exactly what to do and he actually pulled more than Kiba who is in a worse shape than I thought  :( Nothing that can't be fixed though! 

To compete one day finally feels like a realistic dream!  :yahoo:

And maybe it's just me but to me it looks like Rosko has a real spark in his eyes in this picture  :D 

8DNc7.jpg

Today it was finally time for Foxi's senior health check at the vet! He got so many compliments for being in such a good condition for his age, all the blood tests they ran came back with great results as well  :D 

I'm so happy to have such a healthy and lovely dog :wub: Gonna snuggle him all day long! :3

post-11484-0-59341800-1400155407_thumb.j

Today it was finally time for Foxi's senior health check at the vet! He got so many compliments for being in such a good condition for his age, all the blood tests they ran came back with great results as well  :D 

I'm so happy to have such a healthy and lovely dog :wub: Gonna snuggle him all day long! :3

attachicon.gifDSC_7654.jpg

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

thats really good!  shows he has been well looked after xxx