Important User Group Announcement

Sarah

As you all know, this is a family site for members of all ages to come and chat about the breed we all love so much and to make new friends.

Over the past few months, we have had more and more new members joining the site that are children or young teenagers. I have therefore made some amendments to the site. You will now find members user names in Orange if they are under 16, to highlight that you are not talking to an adult.

I have placed all members under 16 in a special category whereby Private Message will be moderated automatically by the system. Although we cannot view your messages, any incoming or outgoing PM’S with certain content contained in the body of the message will be flagged to Admin. This again is to protect our members – as you know, we have had instances in the past where spammers have signed up and sent messages to certain members, I do not want these sort of messages being sent to our younger community. Also, this will prevent issues regarding “indecent” activity on the site, which I am sure as a lot of you are parents, will be quite glad of. Please note that this moderation is only contained to the younger members however they will still be flagged when abuse is detected as usual, rules of the forum still apply to the PM system and if you feel that you have received a message that breaks forum rules in any way, please contact a member of staff.

This has been done in no way to patronize our younger members, merely to protect them. Swearing at, or using sexual connotation to our younger members will not be tolerated under any circumstances. Can I also point out that swearing (as per forum rules) is permitted in moderation on the forum but never to inflame or insult another member. This has been seen a few times more recently and I politely ask all members to respect one another.

To our younger members, please be very careful who you give out personal information to….if you are unsure, please contact a member of staff for guidance:

Myself (admin)

Marc (admin)

Dunc (super mod)

Sid_Wolf (sid) (Moderator)

Zebedee (Val) (Moderator)

Valkyries (Linda) (Moderator)

Awesome decision Sarah and Marc! Its really cool that you are looking out for our young members, and making sure to protect them as best you can. all

of the youngsters deserve to feel safe when they come into this forum, and Im sure their parents really appreciate what you are doing for them.

Actually we're not takin credit for this guys, we only implemented this .......... The credit for the idea goes to Linda (Valkyries) and was def an excellent suggestion, so cheers for that Linda.

Great idea, and the kids love having a different colour,, us adults have just got to be more vigilant now as this can also make the kids more visible if any freak is here to do anything other than talk about our love of the breed.

• 3 weeks later...