Terrible British Tv

jarn

Since there are lots of Brits on this forum.

At risk of losing the esteem of the community, I love TOWIE (The Only Way Is Essex).  It's addictive.  The accents, the stupidity (oh my are they stupid).  It's HILARIOUS.  

Of course, being Canadian, it's not on TV over here...we heard about it and downloaded it, and that's how we watch it.  

Are there any other TOWIE-like British shows I could be wasting my brain cells on?  

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since there are lots of Brits on this forum.

At risk of losing the esteem of the community, I love TOWIE (The Only Way Is Essex).  It's addictive.  The accents, the stupidity (oh my are they stupid).  It's HILARIOUS.  

Of course, being Canadian, it's not on TV over here...we heard about it and downloaded it, and that's how we watch it.  

Are there any other TOWIE-like British shows I could be wasting my brain cells on?  

We aren't all that stupid from Essex though :) Luckily we moved away before they started filming but thats my home town :(

Aww!  Oh, I don't think people from Essex are stupid...just people on that show!  

I will check out the other suggestions.  Most of the other British TV we watch is of higher caliber, but I do love trashy tv sometimes!

i have never ever watched tv shows with stupid people in them, it drives me nuts i think people like that need to be sterilized so they cannot breed.

But then i walked in while my daughter was watching here comes honey boo boo and it hooked me instantly. i still think they should be sterilized but i can see why people watch it now

Aww!  Oh, I don't think people from Essex are stupid...just people on that show!  

I will check out the other suggestions.  Most of the other British TV we watch is of higher caliber, but I do love trashy tv sometimes!

Gotta love trashy TV. Honey Boo Boo anyone? :rofl:

i have never ever watched tv shows with stupid people in them, it drives me nuts i think people like that need to be sterilized so they cannot breed.

But then i walked in while my daughter was watching here comes honey boo boo and it hooked me instantly. i still think they should be sterilized but i can see why people watch it now

Glitzy pig! Sugar Bear! Pumpkin! Where do they get these names??? Possibly the best trashy TV on the planet :)

They've made a welsh version of those shows too, think it's called 'The Valleys'.  Gotta love TOWIE though, it's so bad it's good!  lol.

There are some depths even I won't sink to where trashy TV is concerned :P

Gotta love trashy TV. Honey Boo Boo anyone? :rofl:

Glitzy pig! Sugar Bear! Pumpkin! Where do they get these names??? Possibly the best trashy TV on the planet :)

There are some depths even I won't sink to where trashy TV is concerned :P

Yet you're quite happy to watch a programme about a man with 10 stone Dangly bits?!     :P

:o

I don't remember how many lbs a stone is, but damn!

We are watching the British National Cycling Championships at the moment.  When we're not watching trashy TV, we watch pretty much every cycling race available!

Episode 1 of Made in Chelsea down - we're almost through the first season of The Valleys, and find it fairly horrifying, but hey, I'll still probably watch it.

The people on Made in Chelsea, aside from one depressing conversation about how Dickens wrote Winnie the Pooh, appear to be better educated than those on TOWIE.  It's a bit too soon to generalize, of course, but first impressions and all that.