-15 expected in UK

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been told that the chill temperature is much more lower in the Netherlands (and I assume good part of GB too) since it's always humid because of its location next to the sea. My dad once told me he met a guy from northern Sweden that came over to the Netherlands. He told him that it was cooler over here than he had ever felt in Sweden while surrounded with snow :S

I've been told that the chill temperature is much more lower in the Netherlands (and I assume good part of GB too) since it's always humid because of its location next to the sea. My dad once told me he met a guy from northern Sweden that came over to the Netherlands. He told him that it was cooler over here than he had ever felt in Sweden while surrounded with snow :S

Yeah, humidity is a HUGE factor. Where my parents live, 6 hours south of where I am right now for school, its very humid (in between the Great Lakes). When it is -10 C down there, because of the humidity, it feels like it would be -20 or -25 C up here where the air is much drier. The more humid the air is, the more the cold feels like it 'soaks' down to your bones, the harder it is to keep warm/warm up, and the longer it takes for the air temperature to warm up during the day.

Think we should throw away al our numbers (celcius/farhenheit) and just tell how cold it FELT today. Would prevent a lot of unit/geographic/humid confusion :D

Lets compare it with each other. How did the temperature felt in your area today?

I've been outside for 5 hours today. There was a slight breeze. Took only half an hour to lose the feelings in my fingers and another 30 minutes for all feelings in my hands (with gloves on). Still no snow today though.

Think we should throw away al our numbers (celcius/farhenheit) and just tell how cold it FELT today. Would prevent a lot of unit/geographic/humid confusion :D

Lets compare it with each other. How did the temperature felt in your area today?

I've been outside for 5 hours today. There was a slight breeze. Took only half an hour to lose the feelings in my fingers and another 30 minutes for all feelings in my hands (with gloves on). Still no snow today though.

I can hear the weathermen now: "Today it will be mostly 'mildly cold', but at night it will drop down to 'OMG SO Fing FREEZING!!" LOL

its bad isn't it when everyone here panics and in the US they get 10 inches and don't bat an eyelid!

:lolman:...that's true only in some parts of the US. My sister lives in extreme northern Wisconsin where they get anywhere from 100-200 inches a season(Oct-March). Their final count last year was 170 inches. They love it....if you can't get your car out, just jump on the snow machine! It's all part of life in the Great Northwoods. :D Now, if it snows a few inches in the Southern states....that can become a real mess!

:lolman:...that's true only in some parts of the US. My sister lives in extreme northern Wisconsin where they get anywhere from 100-200 inches a season(Oct-March). Their final count last year was 170 inches. They love it....if you can't get your car out, just jump on the snow machine! It's all part of life in the Great Northwoods. :D Now, if it snows a few inches in the Southern states....that can become a real mess!

Agreed I'm in the south a couple of inches and we shut down.... Lol I don't have to go to work if it snows :)

It snowed a bit earlier today. Though this morning when I had to drive to my new internship (aka being on time for the first day of work!!) I found out my windows where covered with a tick layer of ice.. on the inside :eek: That weren't fun 20 minutes when I tried to get it off while slowly starting to panic as I saw the time crawling by on my watch!

(Don't worry, I still managed to get there on a reasonable time :) )

It snowed a bit earlier today. Though this morning when I had to drive to my new internship (aka being on time for the first day of work!!) I found out my windows where covered with a tick layer of ice.. on the inside :eek: That weren't fun 20 minutes when I tried to get it off while slowly starting to panic as I saw the time crawling by on my watch!

(Don't worry, I still managed to get there on a reasonable time :) )

I have to de ice my car inside to haha