What Not To Say To A Husky Owner

Mobezilla

The top ones are:

(Andy) - Are you sure he's a husky? I've never seen that color husky!

Are they related?

Bet they like this weather.

You could use a sled huh?

Do they shed?

Oh look mommy, snow dogs!

Is he blind in that blue eye?

Are the two with blue eyes deaf? I know that blue eyes mean the dog is deaf!

Love that last one...we just smile and nod most of the time

If they do bother to approach us, we spend whatever time we have educating to derail the thought that just anyone should have a husky, or three for that matter!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i get the it he friendly one all the time, i kind of dont mind being asked that i sometimes think its peoples way of asking is it ok to approach/pet your dog. id much rather they asked than just did, i dont think either of mine would react, but then you never know. they've always been fine

i think the entire city of Southaven, MS thinks Luka is a wolf. My favorite is how people argue with you on the breed of YOUR dog. Yes, lady I took a wolf out of the wild and have raised him from the time he was a cub... NOT.

I guess it doesn't help that Luka is in that lanky stage. I also get asked if i feed him? no, i starve him.

i try to not be rude but sometimes i just want to answer their stupid questions with stupid answers. lol

i think the entire city of Southaven, MS thinks Luka is a wolf. My favorite is how people argue with you on the breed of YOUR dog. Yes, lady I took a wolf out of the wild and have raised him from the time he was a cub... NOT.

I guess it doesn't help that Luka is in that lanky stage. I also get asked if i feed him? no, i starve him.

i try to not be rude but sometimes i just want to answer their stupid questions with stupid answers. lol

lmao oh dear some people eh? a kid saying storm was a lion was my.best one yet

My favorite for my area (since it's warmer here)

"that's so cruel to have them in the south, they'll die of heat! You need to shave that poor dog!" yeah ok....you know everything, bugger off.

and the others

"LOBO!!!" (means wolf in spanish, followed by running and screaming).

"He's not real he doesn't have blue eyes!" whatever ****** ******

"OMG THAT DOG IS AGGRESSIVE!!!" (when he oooooo's to say hi) =.=

"you feed your dog too much, he's too fat" it's called FUR **** ****

"you don't feed your dog enough, he's too thin" it's called dual metabo **** ****

"omg you let your dog swim, he'll drown!" uh....looks like he's swimming better then YOU ARE.

"omg your dog will eat my <insert tiny breed>" no, but he'll squish it for me! (I wouldn't let him, I just like to scare them lol).

and of course many others that have been posted here I've heard. People are something else.

I have gotten quiet a few questions. My family and my fiances family owns siberian huskies as well as us and I sometime have their dogs over on the weekends and dog sit and we are big in walking our dogs everyday so we take them to the park when we have alot over and i get:

"What breed are those?"

"Those are some lovely dogs I want one can I have one you look like you have more than enough."

"Do they shed alot?" (well no dip!!)

"Have you ever hooked them to a sled?" (yes im tired of answering it)

"Is she blind? Why is her eye like that?" (my mothers dog is bi-eyed)

"Is that a german shepard? Huskies arent suppose to be all white." (both my fiance brother dog and our little girl is all white)

"Thats not a true husky they dont have blue eyes" (i have two huskies that have brown eyes, also one of my mothers has the both brown)

"WOW that dog is a devil look at his eyes. Is he retarded" (i hold my breath on this, one he is not retarded he is simply beautiful..and two he is not a devil. My fiances brothers all white husky has one blue eye and one half blue half brown.

"She is not a husky they are not red" (actually my girl is a husky she is papered want to see?)

And my all time favorite, "they look like a wolf, way to mean for me but love to have one for protection of house" (YOU IDIOT THEY ARE NOT FOR PROTECTION AND IS NOT A WOLF IF YOU THINK THAT YOU DONT NEED ONE. I have never said this though lol)

My favorite for my area (since it's warmer here)

"that's so cruel to have them in the south, they'll die of heat! You need to shave that poor dog!" yeah ok....you know everything, bugger off.

and the others

"LOBO!!!" (means wolf in spanish, followed by running and screaming).

"He's not real he doesn't have blue eyes!" whatever ****** ******

"OMG THAT DOG IS AGGRESSIVE!!!" (when he oooooo's to say hi) =.=

"you feed your dog too much, he's too fat" it's called FUR **** ****

"you don't feed your dog enough, he's too thin" it's called dual metabo **** ****

"omg you let your dog swim, he'll drown!" uh....looks like he's swimming better then YOU ARE.

"omg your dog will eat my <insert tiny breed>" no, but he'll squish it for me! (I wouldn't let him, I just like to scare them lol).

and of course many others that have been posted here I've heard. People are something else.

I have been told the same thing to shave them..The answer is NO lol

EXACTLY!! BIG OLE NO! Besides....even if it didn't hurt them.....their looks alone are enough to NEVER shave them. It kills me when people around here shave their pets then they die of heat exhaustion and the people are like "omg why did they die, I don't understand..." idiots.

I've heard a lot of comments but the latest ones for maya and Sophie are

"Are they sister's?"

"Is that one her daughter?"

"Is she for sale?"

"Where can I get that brand of dog?"

"Is that an Alaskan husky?"

"Is that a Norwegian elkhound?"

Some lady with a Russian accent ran up to maya and Sophie saying "My old friends!" and hugged them. She than told me she used to have a lot of huskies.

With Kay I get the "is it a wolf" comment alot. A toddler saw Kay and got all excited and said "Wolfy!" He wanted to come pet her but his parents wouldn't let him. That's the first time I didn't hate it when someone called her a wolf.

LOL @ Russian Lady! All your pups are gorgeous. I almost got in a fight with a lady one time because she insisted she has the right to buy Moro (my husky), because I was stupid for refusing 10,000 USD for him.....I told her "no amount of money will EVER be enough for me to sale him and if you think I'm stupid for NOT wanting to sale him then you do not deserve the love of a dog". There were a few more colorful words there as well. Can't stand people who think they can take whatever they want because they have money out their ***, they don't appreciate anything or love it for what it is. NOTHING can take my pups from me! That's why I love this community, we all LOVE our puppies and would fight to the end for them!

LOL @ Russian Lady! All your pups are gorgeous. I almost got in a fight with a lady one time because she insisted she has the right to buy Moro (my husky), because I was stupid for refusing 10,000 USD for him.....I told her "no amount of money will EVER be enough for me to sale him and if you think I'm stupid for NOT wanting to sale him then you do not deserve the love of a dog". There were a few more colorful words there as well. Can't stand people who think they can take whatever they want because they have money out their ***, they don't appreciate anything or love it for what it is. NOTHING can take my pups from me! That's why I love this community, we all LOVE our puppies and would fight to the end for them!

Thanks, the Russian lady was my favorite event that has happened while walking the girls. I never know what to say when someone asks if my dogs for sale. Why would I ever want to sell one of my pups?

I have gotten the usual:

where your sled? (its in the garage)

Are they wolves? (yes, yes they are because here in CA its absolutely legal to raise wolves in your household:confused:)

Also gotten an offer that absolutely angered me: (2 young men idiots really wanted to pool their money to try to purchase my dogs because they looked cool when they were walking off leash next to me.)

And the most epic one yet I have heard from my neighbor who constantly like to remind people to call him "Dr." cause he has a PHD in electrical engineering was this: I did not know coyotes comes in black and white?

I got a trainer at petsmart tell me "she must be crazy hyper, only the ones with blue eyes are calm" (uhm no... my dog is so mellow, and doesn't have to do with thier eye colour....

And at the dog park when she was a pup.... the famous "Omg! My pup is a jack russel/husky mix. They would make such cute babies. We should breed them when their old enough!" uhmmm no.... first of all, if I considered breeding why would I do it with a mix breed dog.... anyways, safe to say she was fixed as soon as she turned 6 months ;) no babies for her!

and of course majority of the others listed here lol

I got the best one ever last night. I was walking Kodi and 3 teenagers came walking down the same side of the sidewalk to us and when he woooed at them the two smaller ones jumped and the other said 'careful he's going to rip your faces off!' I nearly pee'd myself laughing as I walked home :rofl:

When you guys were saying the sled ones I thought it must've been a UK thing cause I never heard it, but when Abby and I went to sugarcreek yesterday with Maya and Yuki I heard someone ask me for the first time where my sled was. And then another lady in the actual park asked us if Maya and Yuki were siblings :S even though they look nothing alike XD besides the fact they're both huskies <3

I was picking my kids up from school the other day and it was nice outside so i decided to take Max out for a walk to the school to pick up the kids. Anyway one lady over there seen him and came up to me and said " omg he is so adorable my daughter has a husky. Is he a husky?"

"Yes he is a husky" i replied.

" Oh well he looks too small to be a husky and did u also know that all huskies are part wolf and are actually wolf dogs thats why they look liek wolfs" Really? too small for a husky? Huskies are actually wolf dogs? Where do these people get

their info from?He is 14 months old and weighs 70 lbs how is he too small? I'm thinking she may actually have a malamute and has mistaken it for a husky. Here is a picture of Max. Does he really look small to you guys?

post-8105-13586083594633_thumb.jpg