Goodbye saskia

davidjk

a few days ago we let our guard down outside a shop, we where getting out of the car, and we unclipped saskia, as a small dog started yapping.

she bolted, and got hit by a car.

it didnt even seem that hard, and she looked ok, but she just lay there not moving, i thought she was just stunned, but she didnt get up.

we took her to the vets, and he told us she had recieved a fatal head injury, and gave us the option of having her put to sleep.

we agreed, and she was soon fast asleep.

i cant believe in the short amount of time we have had saskia, she has got so much into my heart.

and as hard as it was to say goodbye, it was even more heartbreaking to have to tell my daughters.

as you can imagine it has been a very tearfull few days here especially for my daughters.

Saskia.

we may have only had you a short while, but you were full of life, and very cuddly.

you made us laugh when you burped after eating your dinner to fast.

even a snake bite didnt slow you down, the very next day you where dying to be let outside to run.

everyone wanted to hug you when they saw you.

i had to tell parents they could let their kids stroke you.

i wanted to make you a therapy dog, as you were so patient, and didnt mind being fussed at.

you sat there so patiently enjoying it.

and i know you would have given lots of other people joy as well.

i miss you so much sassy

never forgoten, promise

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omg david im soooo sorry :cry_smile: i no how ur feeling at this sad time :( Saskia i never met u but u were a gorgeous dog n u will b sadly missed

david my prayers and thoughts are with u and ur family at this very sad time

R.I.P Saskia run free over rainbow bridge xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh my god! im so sorry david that has really put a lump in my throat, such a beautiful girl im gutted i never got a chance to meet her.

My thought are with you and your family at this sad time, im so so sorry..

I know i said this for Mya when she passed but maybe as a mark of respect again we can cancel husky of the month and have Saskia up and do the comp again next month???

David, so sorry to hear your sad news, we know exactly how you and your family are feeling right now.

It may not seem like it right now but in time to come you and your girls will remember only the good times you all shared.

Our thoughts and best wishes are with you at this sad time.

Run free over rainbow bridge Saskia,mya will be waiting for you with a happy face and a wagging tail.

R.I.P beautiful Saskia xxxx

Allen,Lesley and Caprice.

David,

I am so sad to hear about the loss of Saskia,as everyone on here has said,we feel like we knew her from your posts,pictures and blog.

Our thoughts are with you all at this time,please take strength from all the good times and the lovely life and home you gave her - priceless memories.

With our sincere condolences

Kevin & The Girls