Fundraising On Husky Owners

Sarah

First off a bit of background on today.

I work 8.30-5.00 - i get a call this afternoon whilst at work advising of a very heated topic on here which I log on and remove. I message all the staff to advise them I was taking this personally and would deal with it once I got home.

I got home at 6pm, I left home at 6.15 to drive for nearly an hour to pick up a rescue dog to transport it to a new foster home. After this I drive to another home and do a home check for someone who would like to foster for a rescue.

I've had no tea, i get home at 10.30 tonight and all hell has broken loose on here! To say i'm tired, angry and upset is an understatement.

For those members that have been following the thread about Shilo, the fundraising thread was created to help raise money to pay for his ongoing tests as it couldn't be established what was wrong with him and why he was loosing weight. He was insured, however as he was rehomed and a new policy taken out, the insurance company wouldn't pay out for anything. This left his owner very stuck after months of vet bills.

The Husky Community we have here pulled together and raised almost £300 to help towards the cost of his treatment which was amazing.

However, it has come to light that the owner aquired a bitch who subsequently fell pregnant a few weeks after being in her care. The owner did a lot of research and had help from a breeder to discuss health issues etc however I am advised that no health checks were carried out. The idea once the bitch was pregnant I believe, was to help raise money for Shilo.

I'd like to point out that the money we raised has gone towards Shilo's care as far as I can tell however 6 pups at £650 each meant a total of £3900 was "raised" through this litter.

Members were not informed of this and if they had have been, may not have felt compelled to donate especially as health checks were not carried out.

There's a private facebook group all about this of which i'm not a member of however I can only imagine how much attention that's getting at the moment!

As a result of this and the forum actively supporting the fundraising cause - this forum has been said to support irresponsible breeding - anyone at all that knows me will know how angry and upset that has made me. This forum does not and will not EVER support irresponsible breeders.

We are here to support, give advice and hug all our husky owner friends, not to possibly detrimentally affect one dog in favor of another.

So, back to the topic title. This forum will no longer promote personal fund raising as sadly things are not always what they appear.

Members feel they have been lied to / had things kept from them. An offer has been made by the owner stating that they will refund any monies if people request, once the final pup has been sold.

I personally donated to this however I will not ask for my money back as i feel my money was spent on Shilo which was what it was intended for. Some members may feel differently and that is anyone's decision to make, i'm sure anyone that wishes, will email the owner and arrange this where necesary.

I've not really got anything else I can say on this other than can members please note that the messenger system can be monitored at any time as per the forum rules. It is not to be used for a slanging match.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just like to add to this on another note.... Husky owners was built upon people learning from one other. When someone asks a question if the only answer you can give is to slate them to high hell, then refrain. It doesnt help anyone and is not what the forum is about. If you think that this is what husky owners is about and that it will be allowed over and over again, think twice because it wont.

I donated and i do feel my money went to Shiloh and i will always try and help another husky or dog for that matter. I think its amazing how everyone pulls together at times of need and i am truly greatful for alot of you at this moment in time :)

Dear forum,

Yes I did breed a litter, no I did not health test Freya, if I had that type of money I'd of spent it on getting Shiloh

better. Freya was brought for me by family as a present after the death of my father in law...

She is actually 2 on the 28th January she isn't under 1. She was brought for me as a pet and not to breed. The previous owner knows and is fine with it.

I did not pay for a stud dog, again if I had that type of money it would go on Shiloh, I owe them the sale of the first

puppy. I did not dupe anyone I didn't ask for you to help but you very kindly did and the money did go on Shiloh. I will

provide recipts and lab reports and once pups have sold I will repay anyone who feels that I have conned them, which I honestly

haven't, at least not intentionally.. I bred Freya because I didn't want to see Shiloh put down. I didn't know that people would help me, I thought I was

in it on my own. I chose the best stud dog I could so the pups would have the best chance. They are all going contracted

and endorsed. I have been careful who I have placed them with and I do care about the future of my pups. The deposits have

helped with the care of the pups and I am very heavely overdrawn for paying for their care. If Freya had of needed a c-section

my vet would have done it and I would of had to pay it back as they won't put a dog down if it needs care. Unfortunatly

Shiloh's condition is not considered imediate life threating so that is why they won't do a payment plan for him.

If anyone has any questions for me you are welcome to pm me and I will answer them. I am not proud of the mistake I have

made but I have made it and it can not be undone. I am the one that has to live with it for the rest of my life and believe

me I will never do it again. I never made the website to make myself look reputible I just put up what I had done with my

dogs it was up before I bred and has now been removed because aparently there are some very horrible people out there who

think it's right to put someone down without knowing the full story.

The fact remains I know what I did was wrong, if anyone wants their money back I will put your email on a list and paypal it to you as soon as I have

the funds to do so...

I completely disagree with what Leah has done and I have told her so. That said any single person who says they have never made a mistake is a born liar.

I disagree with what I have done... I was desperate. But everyone makes mistakes, it's those that do it again and again and don't learn from it that are the fools..

I have just read this thread and I knew nothing about any of it, so from an outsiders point of view... the forum staff and members did nothing to 'support irresponsible breeders' and to even suggest such a thing is stupidity itself.

From what I can see Leah has admitted wrong doing, appologised and offered to refund anyone who requests it. People learn from their mistakes, we all make them.

I sent money for Shiloh and as far as I can see, you now have an answer to Shiloh and know it's food allergies.

I don't agree with what you did, but as long as Shiloh and the other dogs get the care they need, that's all that matters to me and I'll see my donation as well used.

Stacey xxx

if i sat here saying sorry for every thing i've done wrong in my life my comp would brake down before i'm finished lol as long as you learn by your mistake admit it then move on hun, it's in the past and wont happen again. i'll be honest here i would do any thing to save one of my dogs which means i could be in your place saying sorry, and i'm guessing if you thought it was the only way to help one of your dogs most of us on here would have done it ? i would and i'll take whats thrown at me knowing my dogs well again.

So all i can say is i forgive you, keep my money i wont be asking for it back you did what you thought was your only way to save shiloh, don't let it eat you up, you said sorry now move on and learn. take care of your furbabies xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have just read this thread and I knew nothing about any of it, so from an outsiders point of view... the forum staff and members did nothing to 'support irresponsible breeders' and to even suggest such a thing is stupidity itself.

From what I can see Leah has admitted wrong doing, appologised and offered to refund anyone who requests it. People learn from their mistakes, we all make them.

As above hope all is ok glad to hear Shiloh is on the mend.

Guest noushka

im not here to cause trouble so i hope you'll let me repond to Shadowpups post....

firstly SP you say you didnt get Freya to breed but got her as a pet, yet you bred her within just a couple of weeks of getting her! ...secondly sibes are a slow maturing breed and you wont find decent breeders breeding them before they are 3 nevermind before theyre even 2....thirdy, i dont inderstand why your family didnt give you the money to help pay for Shilohs treatment instead of paying out £200 for Freya and £70 for an affix?

I hear that once Freya has weaned the puppies youre sending her back to her original owner...is this true? ... if you feel so bad about what youve done to poor Freya why dont you show some decency and use some of the money from the puppies to get her spayed and so ensure no one else can ever use her as a cash cow? also instead of giving her back to her previous owner who agreed to all this, hand her over to rescue so she can be found a a home with someone who will love her

I'm a little lost and confused (not gonna lie). Dissappointed would be an honest response. But, I donated to help shiloh...shiloh has been helped.

I would defend the honor (for want of a better word) of the forum with regards to the idea that it has funded this iresponsible breeding, as that is not the case at all.

People do stupid things when they are desperate Leah. I certainly wont be requesting anything back. But, as the previous post has said, can't you now at least think about having the bitch spayed to protect her the way you have fiercely protected Shiloh?

Its sad, as it has now put honesty into doubt. All we can rely on when words are written this way is honesty.

I'm very happy that Shiloh is making progress. I hope that you get plenty of advice for the pups and the bitch and now choose a much more responsible path. Learning from our mistakes is the only way to evolve.

I have a tough time beating up on someone who admits they have done something that is wrong, and genuinely wants to make certain that they do whatever they can to correct, especially when the reason has been explained. Now it still does not make it right, and as Marc said, if you claim to have never done anything wrong, you are a born liar. Leah has demonstrated, to my satisfaction, that she is truly sorry, and I understand that coming forward was perhaps a forced issue in some ways, but that does not make it any easier. Nonetheless, she did apolgize and I respect anyone who has the strength to do so.

Let's not forget, this forum is very unique, in so many ways. It is not like any other forum on the Internet. It is a place of friendship, a place of caring, a place of sharing, a place of learning, and a place of concern, for that wonderful breed we all love, the Siberian Husky. Newer members may not at first realize this. They may assume Husky-Owners is just like any other forum on the Internet. But if they stick around, I think they will soon realize, that yes, this is a very special place indeed.

I think Gigi said it best, " . . . your grace brings tears to my eyes. . . ."

This forum has grace. And with grace, comes dignity. Don't ever let anyone take that away from us, or from you.

I would just like to add to this on another note.... Husky owners was built upon people learning from one other. When someone asks a question if the only answer you can give is to slate them to high hell, then refrain. It doesnt help anyone and is not what the forum is about. If you think that this is what husky owners is about and that it will be allowed over and over again, think twice because it wont.

Jo - what is the point of your post?? Have we not had this already? It is nothing to do with the forum, it has been made clear this is not a topic for discussion and members were strongly advised not to have a go ...... what part of Marc's post above did you not understand??

I very much disagree with what Leah did and I will not look at her the same way but I do not and will not see it as the forums supporting an "irrisponsible breeder" . I don't think that the fundraising should be banned because of this one...act...but maybe further prodding for the next time. I am glad that Shiloh's problem was figured out tho and I think you guys are amazing for not asking for your money back.

im not here to cause trouble so i hope you'll let me repond to Shadowpups post....

firstly SP you say you didnt get Freya to breed but got her as a pet, yet you bred her within just a couple of weeks of getting her!

So your opinion is she didnt.. We already heard this.

...secondly sibes are a slow maturing breed and you wont find decent breeders breeding them before they are 3 nevermind before theyre even 2....

OK I think she got that she has done it wrong

thirdy, i dont inderstand why your family didnt give you the money to help pay for Shilohs treatment instead of paying out £200 for Freya and £70 for an affix?

She was, and the person who she relied on the most is now dead.... That clear cut enough?

I hear that once Freya has weaned the puppies youre sending her back to her original owner...is this true? ... if you feel so bad about what youve done to poor Freya why dont you show some decency and use some of the money from the puppies to get her spayed and so ensure no one else can ever use her as a cash cow? also instead of giving her back to her previous owner who agreed to all this, hand her over to rescue so she can be found a a home with someone who will love her

Because the original owner has requested her back which she has accepted.

You are mentally punishing someone for something which she already knows and fully admits to being wrong. I was one of the first to say I was discusted at her actions, however you are now posting to cause trouble as if you were not you wouldnt have posted. You have added absolutly nothing you havent already said on numerous websites.

Campaigning against this sort of thing is why people dont end up in this situation as much as may well be the case. However I strongly believe that continuing to get at people after they have done wrong, have admitted to being in the wrong, and also are now trying to do the right thing is the cause of why many do not ask for advice from people as seemly experienced as yourself. We do not tollerate that on husky owners any more than we tollerate the situation in the first place.

The girl has been humiliated across the net on numerous sites, had her very good reputation pulled to peices (by her own doing I might add, I am not defending it), has had to admit she has done something that is wrong on a public website in which she loves. Has lost friends which only a few days ago she had. You wanna tell me at which point this stops?

I don't think that the fundraising should be banned because of this one...act...but maybe further prodding for the next time.

We are not private investigators Michelle, and this is why it is now banned. We didnt set it up to have to be looking around the net "prodding" and nor should we have to do so.

We are not private investigators Michelle, and this is why it is now banned. We didnt set it up to have to be looking around the net "prodding" and nor should we have to do so.

Well obv your not lol :P It was just my opinion. BTW I like ur avatar thats totally something I do...altho not that often