Fundraising On Husky Owners

Sarah

"I got home at 6pm, I left home at 6.15 to drive for nearly an hour to pick up a rescue dog to transport it to a new foster home. After this I drive to another home and do a home check for someone who would like to foster for a rescue." well done SARAH, this alone shows your true commitment not only to the breed but also to people in general:angel:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"I got home at 6pm, I left home at 6.15 to drive for nearly an hour to pick up a rescue dog to transport it to a new foster home. After this I drive to another home and do a home check for someone who would like to foster for a rescue." well done SARAH, this alone shows your true commitment not only to the breed but also to people in general:angel:

And gave me some peace in the process ...... triple win LOL

I very much disagree with what Leah did and I will not look at her the same way but I do not and will not see it as the forums supporting an "irrisponsible breeder" . I don't think that the fundraising should be banned because of this one...act...but maybe further prodding for the next time. I am glad that Shiloh's problem was figured out tho and I think you guys are amazing for not asking for your money back.

I would like to help however my judgement on people and situations could result in something maybe worse than what's happened in this case. The responsibility would lie with the forum i feel and it's not something I want to be responsible for and i'm sure staff and members don't either.

The one thing that saddened me a bit was that some people, not just Leah, knew what was going on and failed to mention it despite knowing that fundraising was going on. It didn't have to be made public, but I would have appreciated a courtesy text / call / message to warn me what we were in effect promoting.

Anyway, what's happened has happened. I firmly believe lessons have been learnt all around now. Time to close this chapter and start a new book

aww thanks :) I wasn't "bumping" myself up, just wanted people to see what sort of day i'd had and what I had to come back to x

oh obviously* about the private investigator part. I dont know why but ive got this new habit of not typing out all of the word and its not that I dont intend to I just forget

lol i just had to explain it to him :rolleyes: men :duh:

can fully understand everything said by sarah and marc - i agree about the fund raising too

leah - i didnt get the chance to donate towards Shiloh due to not having the funds - however if i had the funds n did donated - i wouldnt be asking for it back - shiloh needed the help - the members here did help with that - u admit what uve done is wrong n that in its self is admirable - even if what uve done isnt - it takes ALOT for some1 to admit their wrong let alone publicly announce it

good luck with Shiloh hun - im glad uve finally been able 2 sort things out n i hope he continues to improve

you know where i am if u need to talk

Guest noushka

So your opinion is she didnt.. We already heard this.

OK I think she got that she has done it wrong

She was, and the person who she relied on the most is now dead.... That clear cut enough?

Because the original owner has requested her back which she has accepted.

You are mentally punishing someone for something which she already knows and fully admits to being wrong. I was one of the first to say I was discusted at her actions, however you are now posting to cause trouble as if you were not you wouldnt have posted. You have added absolutly nothing you havent already said on numerous websites.

Campaigning against this sort of thing is why people dont end up in this situation as much as may well be the case. However I strongly believe that continuing to get at people after they have done wrong, have admitted to being in the wrong, and also are now trying to do the right thing is the cause of why many do not ask for advice from people as seemly experienced as yourself. We do not tollerate that on husky owners any more than we tollerate the situation in the first place.

The girl has been humiliated across the net on numerous sites, had her very good reputation pulled to peices (by her own doing I might add, I am not defending it), has had to admit she has done something that is wrong on a public website in which she loves. Has lost friends which only a few days ago she had. You wanna tell me at which point this stops?

can i just say im not arguing, my concern is now for Freya.... Freya was bought and paid for so now belongs to SP.....it matters zilch that her previous owner has asked for her back she dosent belong to her anymore, so SP could, if she wanted to, make sure Freya is spayed and finds a safe home through welfare....i think she owes her that much dont you?

can i just say im not arguing, my concern is now for Freya.... Freya was bought and paid for so now belongs to SP.....it matters zilch that her previous owner has asked for her back she dosent belong to her anymore, so SP could, if she wanted to, make sure Freya is spayed and finds a safe home through welfare....i think she owes her that much dont you?

I agree, however that is not for me to decide it is for SP to decide. The point is this has been battled out enough. SP knows your opinion, as to I, as do many others. I have absolutly no quarms with your point of view whatsoever in fact I agree with it. But going over and over the same ground is going to make no difference and this is not the place for it.

Our specific wording for the description of our site is as follows:

"A fun, friendly and informative forum, built by husky owners, for husky owners. Not a company, not a breeding site - purely out there for you to enjoy and meet new husky lovers. Meet ups arranged, holidays taken together, fun free and addictive"

And that is what we are for. At the moment we are losing that spirit, losing people wanting to interact with each other, losing people who would like to ask for advice from other owners of huskys. And in the grand scheme of it all that is far worse than telling not telling someone something she has been told a thousand times over.

i'm not in a very good mood today so let me just say the next person to reply to this thread, had better be as pure an innocent as a new born baby, with out sin or any wrong doing in their life, no mistakes nothing.

This IS over Jo if you do not like the way we deal with people and issues on here, you know where the door is please it's always open but carry on and it can be locked. This forum and our members can and have accepted the apology so it's over.

Thank you please call again x

It is a sad fact of the internet that opinions & thoughts can far too easily expressed by "keyboard warriors" who sit safely behind their monitors putting the world to rights. I know how much it hurts to be on the end of some incredibly negative & hurtful comments (not on this site!) And whilst I don't defend her actions I find the abuse she's been subjected to, over many different sites, very upsetting.

I'm glad its being put to rest & I hope all furkids involved have a happy ever after.

Xxx

Also, I'd like to say a massive thank you to Sarah, Marc and all HO staff for the work you do on this forum. My OH is a moderator on a car forum so I know how much work is generated. Kudos to you all & big furry hugs from Luna xxx

I think i'm going to close this thread.

I've posted what I needed to and Leah has posted her side of the matter. Members have been offered their money back should they wish to request this via PM to Leah.

All I would like is for Freya to go to a home, spayed with the chance of a happy life. At the end of the day this is not our decision to make, Leah is her owner all we can do is offer advice, advice has been given and I hope it's taken with gratitude and nothing else.