good films?

Sarah

Gladiator (2000) --action/adventure/tragedy

The Invention of Lying (VERY unique plot. Loved it.) --comedy, mostly.

Planet of the Apes 1-5 (the original series) --action/adventure

Red Riding Hood (2011) - horror-ish/adventure/romance

District 9 - fantasy/adventure

Kingdom of Heaven - Medieval-War/adventure/action

Just Go With It (Jenni Anni and Adam Sandler)

True Grit (western)

Nativity (Mr Poppy rocks! Bit of xmas spirit)

Disney's Christmas Carol (the cgi Jim Carrey version....brilliant!)

SHERLOCK holmes (Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law....if not for the story and special effects....watch it for the man candy!!!:..oh and in preparation for the 2nd coming out in a couple weeks)

Tangled...Disney animated but fab!

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you with kids and all adults who like kid movies, I just watched BOLT, it was hilarious and of course Bolt the dog looks like a white husky pup!

I will now be viewing a normal big person films: Rabbit Hole with Nicole Kidman and also the Inception with Dicaprio , I'll let you know how they were imo.

However the Columbiana looked good I will have to check Redbox for that one.

127 hours is a really good film. It's based on a real life story.

"A mountain climber becomes trapped under a boulder while canyoneering alone near Moab, Utah and resorts to desperate measures in order to survive."

And two which... well, aren't that 'new' but still worth watching:

'Never Cry Wolf' and 'The Last Trapper'. That last one features lots and lots of huskies too :)

So I recently saw the following:

Rabbit Hole.....(slow going at first, but picked up some, not sure if it was a book to start with, but I can tell it was an excellent story and topic with how it was approached, but it didn't seem to come across in the film).

Inception......(great images, but really really hard to follow, especially when I am doing other things while watching movies)

Columbiana .....(was really good, I like these kind of films)

Larry Crowne......(liked this a lot, it was simple, touching and fun entertainment....anything with Tom Hanks is good!)

Am now watching Secret Life of Bees, I am half way through and really liking it......