Hello!!!

Hello, my name is Lisa and my avatar is my soon to be new puppy! It is hard to see him he has such blue eyes. I am very excited as this is my 1st husky. I am so glad I found this site. I am getting him from a breeder in MN and I am a bit concerned as I read some things about her on the internet. Has anyone gotten a puppy from a MN breeder?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

he is suppossed to come next week on the 14th. I am waiting on the breeder to give me the shipping info, she wanted to make sure the weather would be ok. I am so excited, I have wanted one since I was little and my kids have no idea he is coming. I have already enlisted a trainer to help because I want to make sure I do everything right.

Hi and WavingWelcome.gif Cute pup!

There are LOTS of breeders in Minnesota, and some are ethical and some are not! Have the parents had their eyes and hips checked for genetic diseases? They should BOTH have had their hips x-rayed and certified as either "Good" or "Excellent" by OFA (the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals) and their eyes should have been examined by a veterinary ophthalmologist and certified as "Normal". Most reputable breeders also "prove" the quality of the dogs they breed either in the show ring or through sledding (or both) as well... The Siberian Husky Club of America has a directory of breeders who have agreed to their Code of Ethics - there are other breeders who are reputable who are not on this list, these are just the members of the SHCA who have signed up to be on this listing - if you're interested, go to www.shca.org, pull down the Owning Siberians tab, and click on the referral directory...

Hello, well it says they test for PRA, not sure about the others. They used to be called Aruff Ranch, here is the site. I am soooo worried, I thought I did sooo much research and I am afraid now that I may have bought from a non-reputable place. I did just hear from her and he is coming on Thurs of next week via Delta, so I will pick him up. Regardless, I have fell in love with him before I even met him so I would not turn back now.

I did buy him online, I could not find anyone local , he is in Minnesotta, so he has to be shipped. I have his shipping info and flight info , he is coming next Thursday. I am just worried as I have not heard great things about this place and I already bought him. They are now bestakcpups.com, the womans name is Sharon Kotzer, not sure if i spelled it right. I will have him checked the next day at my vet to make sure he is ok. I know there is no way to tell of future heath issues, but I cant turn back now, I feel like he is my chld already, been waiting since 10/19 for him! LOL

Just by reading through the FAQs on that website...I'm slightly alarmed. He (she?) talked about negative reinforcement when training AND said huskies are quiet dogs by nature. NOT TRUE.

Some of their 'huskies' look like Malemutes, or just very poorly bred.

I'm only going to do this once and then I'll let it lie. For starters, looking at their web site, they can't decide how long they've been in business ... that is not a good start.

They are:

Parent Companie: Aruff Breeders

Best AKC Pups: Siberians

Spytfire Breeders: Shibu Inu

Aruff: Doberman ( and they have *NO* respect in the Doberman community! )

Okay that doesn't look too smashing, they're in the breeding business.

While they list many Ch dogs in their ancestor line (to include one that stopped in 1966!) their current line shows no working dogs - either show or sled.

and what does this line mean - it's at the bottom of EVERY page I retain the right to terminate any adoption at any time for any reason.

I'll stop, go take a look at Yahoo Answers for the comments there. Not trying to be sarcastic, I seriously wish you the best of luck - I hope you get a great puppy and lot's of love and satisfaction from him.

Welcome Lisa and Congrats on your new pup- Try not to worry too much- I know your looking forward to his arrival. You don't want it tainted with negativity.

He is adorable and I know you'll love him to bits.

Looking forward to some pics as soon as you get him.

BTW- What part of NJ are you from? Wait - I'll check the map.

Let us know when you get him.

Thank you! I really feel sick to my stomach. I just got his new pic and his ears are up and he is sooo cute. I have already hired a trainer, he comes right away on Friday to help us with the do's and don't. He is a very good trainer. He has trained many of my friends dogs as well and they are fabulous. At this point, there is no turning back, I have a vet appt next Friday for his first checkup and hopefully alll will go well. My uncle breeds malmutes so I did nto think any of them looked that way. I mean his were used for protection of the horses. He has horse ranch, the aer HUGE i mean HUGE! lol, like the size of a bear! LOL.. I did notice something on alot of huksies, their tongues hang out?? Are they just trying to cool themselves? The book I have does not state anythign about drooling?

His new pic is below..

post-6455-13586006126989_thumb.jpg