Ryn at the vet hospital

Ryn loves her chicken, and I have seen the benefits, so she'll continue to get it unless the vet can absolutely pinpoint that the chicken is the problem. I don't see that happening as I purchase it in 10 pound bags. If it was the chicken, hence food poisoning, she wouldn't have gotten through 1/2 the bag before this happened.

When I get a bag, I cut it all up, freeze it in bags which hold enough chicken for three meals (1 1/2 days worth) and thaw as I need it.

I'm hoping I'll get some kind of update shortly as the vet should be at the clinic already....the waiting is killing me. Will call shortly if they don't call me soon.

Am impatiently waiting to hear how her night went.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming in super late poor girl. Mega hugs from my kids to you and Ryn Becky. I personally wouldn't worry about the diet thing lol there are reasons I don't tell my vet certain things when we go in lol. I hope she had a good night and they can pinpoint the cause soon you both must being going crazy :(

Becky didn't have a chance to post anything this afternoon so she asked me to update everyone... I spent the day today filling in at the clinic, and Ms. Ryn seems to be doing better. She certainly seemed to be feeling better - she was acting more like herself! She isn't eating yet - probably because she didn't like the food - she was tipping the bowl over, trying to dump her food! She also had a rather messy, smelly bowel movement this afternoon, so Doc Tressa took a blood sample (I don't know what the results were), and gave her a broad-spectrum dewormer, and will keep her at least until tomorrow (Thursday). No doubt Rynnie was rather ticked at me when I left this evening without her! Here's a picture of her in "jail"!:P Sorry for the poor quality - my phone takes rotten pictures!

post-1569-13586078715933_thumb.jpg

post-1869-13585975856967_thumb.jpg

If I'm not mistaken she looks quite ticked off poor gal. Glad she seems to be perking up a bit thanks for the update Gigi :)

You're welcome! and for you and @Rosemary - yes, she was NOT a happy camper! I'm sure she felt that I was there to rescue her - and then didn't! It was BORING sitting there in that cage, even if the vet's wife was grooming dogs in there all day. Aftera all, she wasn't paying attention to Princess Ryn as she ought to have been - and neither was I!

@sutsibe Thanks for updating everyone....I had my two grandkids all day yesterday and couldn't take time to get on-line.

Got a call after 5 last night, Ryn is "very active" and does not appreciate what she's being fed (bland flavored AND its Science Diet - can you blame her???). The blood samples they took yesterday came back clear - no parasites, no nothing unusual what-so-ever.

She had, as Gi told you all, one bloody stool yesterday, though it appeared to not have been as bad as what she had been having. She was given a strong, broad spectrum de-wormer.

If all went well last night, which I suspect it did and vet Tressa hoped for, she should be able to come home today.

:wave1:WHOOP!

They haven't determined a cause for certain.........but could be a combination of many things - the pond water, heat stress, change in activities (we were camping), among many other things like the almonds she stole when I wasn't looking, a pig ear, a tick she had on her ear.......the list goes on and on.

In any respect, she's getting better and I'll be watching her even more closely so that if this happens again, we'll have a much better idea of what's going on.

It is excellent news, though it still concerns me that they couldn't find a definitive cause.

Received another call just now, and Ryn would rather explore than to poo on a lead for them. Told them that was normal for her, to let her out in a run or put her on a 50 foot lead (she's rather bashful when it comes to toileting with an audience). They said they'd give that a try as they want her to have better poos before she comes home.

(May have to go explain this to her.... can't you just hear it: "Ryn, they're holding you hostage until you poo in front of them." "Whhhhhhyyyyy? That's not dignified!" "Because they have to see it." "Tell 'em mum, tell 'em that I'll poo and even point it out to them - just let me come home!"

Goodness!

It is excellent news, though it still concerns me that they couldn't find a definitive cause.

Received another call just now, and Ryn would rather explore than to poo on a lead for them. Told them that was normal for her, to let her out in a run or put her on a 50 foot lead (she's rather bashful when it comes to toileting with an audience). They said they'd give that a try as they want her to have better poos before she comes home.

(May have to go explain this to her.... can't you just hear it: "Ryn, they're holding you hostage until you poo in front of them." "Whhhhhhyyyyy? That's not dignified!" "Because they have to see it." "Tell 'em mum, tell 'em that I'll poo and even point it out to them - just let me come

Goodness!

:D You just got to laugh. What's the ransom - Ryn pooing in front of them. Her response - ok, I've been poorly and you've done things to me to make me better, but this is insult to injury. MUM, MUM, MUM sort it out will ya!