Ryn at the vet hospital

:D You just got to laugh. What's the ransom - Ryn pooing in front of them. Her response - ok, I've been poorly and you've done things to me to make me better, but this is insult to injury. MUM, MUM, MUM sort it out will ya!

ok I was nearly sick then coz I had tea and pizza in my mouth and read this and it went down the wrong way and choked me!!!!!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Late to the scene, but I am glad it seems she is doing better. You must miss her alot!

In reference to feeding your dog raw chicken, there really is nothing wrong with it. You have to think, kibble has only been around for a 100 years or so. So what did they eat before that? The answer is raw meat and bones. Its actually better for them than kibble, because there bodies were designed to digest raw meat and bones, so less digestion problems, and less poop, as almost all of the food is absorbed by the body.

If you want to learn more about raw feeding, you should try www.rawlearning.com or http://leerburg.com/feedingdogs.htm to get you started.

Hope she comes home soon, and may all the rest of your vet visits be routine.

Late to the scene, but I am glad it seems she is doing better. You must miss her alot!

In reference to feeding your dog raw chicken, there really is nothing wrong with it. You have to think, kibble has only been around for a 100 years or so. So what did they eat before that? The answer is raw meat and bones. Its actually better for them than kibble, because there bodies were designed to digest raw meat and bones, so less digestion problems, and less poop, as almost all of the food is absorbed by the body.

If you want to learn more about raw feeding, you should try www.rawlearning.com or http://leerburg.com/feedingdogs.htm to get you started.

Hope she comes home soon, and may all the rest of your vet visits be routine.

I miss her terribly......

And the 'Pryncess' @BingBlaze'n'Skyla will continue to get chicken. It amazed me that the vet made such a big deal about it. ....

Yesterday they told me she wouldn't eat their kibble and I suggested chicken, but vet said 'not unless it's cooked'.........which she'd eat, but this girlie likes her raw chicken so much that she'll sit in front of the frig reminding me that she wants it.

I miss her terribly......

And the 'Pryncess' @BingBlaze'n'Skyla will continue to get chicken. It amazed me that the vet made such a big deal about it. ....

Yesterday they told me she wouldn't eat their kibble and I suggested chicken, but vet said 'not unless it's cooked'.........which she'd eat, but this girlie likes her raw chicken so much that she'll sit in front of the frig reminding me that she wants it.

i cant belive the vet wont give her raw chicken - theres very little chance they can get ill from it - i mean hey if they can get ill from raw chicken then why hasnt skyla got really ill from raw egg - vets continue to amaze me

how is the little pryncess now?

No news. I imagine they are still trying to get her to poo........They did tell me that she can't come home until they can see what it looks like. Then, of course, they want her to eat kibble that she doesn't care for. (AND they are watching her poo! ----- she's terribly shy about pooing when someone is watching. Not dignified!!!! ---- she's like her grandpa Shad when it comes to dignity!)

May have to drop some off for her later today (after work). That'll get the old colon working!

Lol. Poor girl, I used to work in a vet kennel, I remember how frustrating it is waiting for a shy dog to potty, for the dog and the person waiting. Hopefully you stopping by will let her relax enough.

Cooked chicken isn't as healthy for dogs as raw, and you should NEVER feed your dog a cooked bone of any kind. The bones molecular structure changes when it is cooked, and can cause it to splinter, which can end very badly. Also, whole raw eggs are great, shell and all! Just grind up the shell in a coffee grinder and mix it in with the food. Did you know that one large eggshell contains 1,800mg of calcium. I thought that was crazy. Ok, sorry I strayed off topic, I was just reading about this the other day, and I thought it was kind of relevant.

Keep us updated!

i cant belive the vet wont give her raw chicken - theres very little chance they can get ill from it - i mean hey if they can get ill from raw chicken then why hasnt skyla got really ill from raw egg - vets continue to amaze me

how is the little pryncess now?

At least over here, I don't think vets get much training on feeding/diet other than what Hills/Science Diet provides. The majority of them truly think that prepared dog food is the best option!:jawdrop: Doc Tressa was worried about illness caused by bacteria in the chicken, and I have had older dogs become sick from chicken that was getting a little old - but not otherwise!

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!!!!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Just took a call from the vet....Ryn can come home today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She absolutely will not eat for them and they're cutting her loose so she can come home. I'll be picking her up shortly before 5 p.m.

My Pryncess is coming home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap::cheerleader::clap::cheerleader::clap::cheerleader::clap::cheerleader::clap::cheerleader::clap::cheerleader::clap::cheerleader::clap::cheerleader::clap::cheerleader::clap::cheerleader:

:woohoo::woohoo::doglick::bananadance::bananadance1::bananadance1:Its always a great feeling welcoming them home! We are going to visit her parents on the Jersey Shore, and we will unfortunately have to board our Husky pup locally, and it will be very sad for us, but boooy when we get back-we'll be so glad to see him! Glad for you and Ryn:clap:

The princess is home......:yahoo: The princess is home!:yahoo:

I had my camera in my hand, but she wanted none of that - needed both hands to hug her and I was given a very proper (and thorough!) face washing when she got to me.

She wouldn't poo or eat at the vet hospital and lost a good amount of weight since her ordeal began. As soon as she got home she checked on her friend, Kit, and then wanted out straight away to poo. Upon coming in, she let me know she was hungry, but would only eat from my hand, not the bowl. This may have something to do with the bland food they sent home as she did sit by her food cupboard to let me know she'd like her own kibble. I didn't cave on that yet, but suspect that we'll be having her normal supper (though in a much smaller amount) this evening.

She is still having very soft stools, some darker than others, but it appears they are getting a bit better. She's on meds, but I can't recall the name at this moment. They didn't find an actual cause of her illness, but are treating it as colitis........

(Im researching some herbal treatments as I have a tendency not to like the many side effects that drugs give huskies.)

She was active and playful with both Kit and Chance over the course of the evening, but tired easily. She was more than ready for an early bedtime. Slept well but wasn't too interested in breakfast this a.m. Another hand-fed meal, again very small. I did bring her to work with me as she is uneasy about making messes in her crate and I suspect we are in for one or two today as she finally did eat that small meal. (She's resting in the window of the office....her favorite place!)

We had made plans to go camping this weekend, but will be staying home. I don't think she needs a trip at this point.

Thank you all for the kind wishes. I so appreciate being able to share my worries with my friends here. Ryn is thankful as well and gives you all a paws up!

:heartbeat:Becky 'n Ryn