Guess The Breed

I'm not sure if my answer is right but here are my clues :)

1. Selected to search for truffles on all kinds of ground

2. The coat can be off-white, solid white, white with brown or rust patches, different shades of brown, or rust solid color, a brown mask is acceptable

3. Dense wooly coat

4. They are a small to medium sized dog

5. Belongs to the sporting group

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why I can't find the answer:

1. Idk what truffles are. I only know the word from Harvest Moon PC game

2. So I think truffles are plants--or maybe chocolates (choc truffles!) and I have never heard of a dog that can track plants! O_O

3. Idk where to start looking and there are hundreds of dog breeds I have in mind so, yeah... Anyone else to guess this breed? LOL make sure you tell me when someone has found the answer! Really wanna know what kind of dog this is.

Wait, is it a terrier??

I'm not sure if my answer is right but here are my clues :)

1. Selected to search for truffles on all kinds of ground

2. The coat can be off-white, solid white, white with brown or rust patches, different shades of brown, or rust solid color, a brown mask is acceptable

3. Dense wooly coat

4. They are a small to medium sized dog

5. Belongs to the sporting group

Lagotto Romagnolo?

250px-Bellalagotto1.jpg

Yep that is the breed :D now waiting for you clues

oops sorry I forgot!

* has a medium- to long-hair, fluffy, cotton-like coat that is hair rather than fur.

* It is a non-shedding breed with low dander.

* This breed has no "doggie smell", though it will still smell like a wet dog after a bath.

* comes in different colors, white, white with light brown spots, black and white , and black (not an acceptable color). as it gets older the color spots on it fade away, so eventually it will be pure white.

*This breed has little to no shedding. Like other dogs, hair will come out if you brush them. Mats can usually be removed with gentle use of a slicker brush, but this will take time. You need to cut out mats if they get them because the groomer might shave them.

* weight as from 4 to 6 kg (about 9 to 13 lb) for males and 3.5 to 5 kg (8 to 11 lb) for females.

* height is from 25 to 30 cm (about 10 to 12 inches) tall for males and from 22 to 27 cm (8½ to 10½ inches) for females

* developed on the island of Madagascar and is still the island's national dog

* It has very little prey drive, and is not a hunting dog.

post-2509-13586078857578_thumb.jpgEuraiser.

Ok new breed:-

* a dog with many uses, able to guard, herd, and also be a suitable companion dog. Their utility in Tibet meant that the first examples of the breed available in the west were generally given as gifts.

* the name was given to it by European travelers to Tibet who were reminded of terriers from back home when they first encountered the breed. Its origins are uncertain: Some sources[who?] claim them to be lucky temple dogs, whereas others place them as farm dogs.

*Recent DNA analysis has concluded that it is descended from the most ancient dog breeds.

*has evolved over hundreds of years of harsh conditions, tempered by the warmth and care of monks high in the Himalayas. The "little people", as they were called, were highly valued as companions to the monks and families who owned them. They were treated like children in the family. Like the children, they eagerly assisted in taking care of the monastery's or family's property, their flocks and herds. Sure footed and reliable, they were sometimes sent to accompany a particularly esteemed traveler on a treacherous mountain journey home.

post-2224-13585976094444_thumb.jpg