Guess The Breed

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, gorgeous! That definetly threw me off, never heard of that breed! It never showed up in any searches or anything!

I heard of it only becasue somone living near me has one or its cross with it or something and its a really nice looking dog and I couldnt find it online becasue the owner just said that it was a "german" husky or something like that and then a breeder on my facebook liked a page with this dog that looked exactaly like it and so I discovered it that way :D Kinda looks like a mix between a korelian bear dog and a siberian husky or something

1. Can be 7 ft tall when standing on its hind legs

2. They can eat up to 25lbs of food a week or 3lbs a day

3. Breed has believed to have existed since 273 BC

4. Were used to hunt Elk, Wild boars and Wolves

5. Almost went extinct in the 19th century

6. Only live for about 6-8 years

This breed is in my top 5 favorite breeds :P and I would totally own one

That's the biggest breed I know! lol.

1. 12–15 inches (300–380 mm) tall

2. Gets its name from a bird it hunts

3. has neck-joints which allow it to bend its head backwards, so its forehead can touch its back!

4. extremely mobile fore shoulder-joints, so that both front legs can stretch straight out to the sides

5. has double dew claws on the front legs

That's the biggest breed I know! lol.

1. 12–15 inches (300–380 mm) tall

2. Gets its name from a bird it hunts

3. has neck-joints which allow it to bend its head backwards, so its forehead can touch its back!

4. extremely mobile fore shoulder-joints, so that both front legs can stretch straight out to the sides

5. has double dew claws on the front legs

This is a kool breed they are pretty freekin cute too but im not gonna say what it is :P give everyone else a chance

bump! Hint: I thought there were strange looking Alaskan Klee Kais when I first saw one in person.

I am stumped again! And here I thought I'd be good at this game, lol. The only breed I can think of with a bird in it's name is the Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, but they are bigger and don't look at all like an AKK. I haven't seen a Eukanuba show for a long time, but last I saw, it was all AKC recognized breeds, so I'm assuming this breed is recognized by the AKC? Which would be odd, because I have been to dog shows and watched tons of them, so I am pretty familiar with those breeds!

lol. AKC started recognizing it in 2008 I believe. Ok, when I say it's named after a bird, it's like the bird's scientific name.

Another hint: Pretty sure no one hunts the birds they were made to hunt anymore, so they're pretty much out of a job!

And they can close their ears!

lol. AKC started recognizing it in 2008 I believe. Ok, when I say it's named after a bird, it's like the bird's scientific name.

Another hint: Pretty sure no one hunts the birds they were made to hunt anymore, so they're pretty much out of a job!

And they can close their ears!

Norwegian Lundehund?

Yep! The puffin dog! lol.

Yay! :D Guess it's my turn!

1) Original purpose was a livestock guardian

2) Requires a very strong leader and socialization because it's protective tendencies can prove to be completely unmanagable and ferocious (not a dog for the faint of heart!)

3) Weighs in between 99-154 lbs with a height of 25-28 inches

4) Part of it's name means 'Sheepdog' in Russian

5) Traditionally, the ears of this breed are cropped