Woo Woo from Iowa

Stumbled on this site last night. My wife and I have owned Huskies for a long time. Not that many of them, we are on our second one at this time. Our first, Elke, was a beautiful red and white bi-eyed, and lived to be almost 15. She passed last June. We bought Zoya, a black and white ice blue eyed, from a breeder in Northern Wisconsin this past fall.

We both love the breed, and learned so much from Elke, that when we got Zoya, it was like a walk in the park. Looking forward to continuing to learn and to share.

Hey thanks.

Heres a photo of Elke (red & white) from a few years ago. And one of Zoya (black & white) a few months ago.

post-322-13585943070076_thumb.jpg

post-322-13585943070895_thumb.jpg

Welcome from Husky-Owners and from me (also from Iowa).

Elke was a beauty. May she rest in peace. So glad you chose to continue with our beloved Sibes and brought Zoya home.

My boy is 14 1/2 now, moving slow but still healthy with the exception of his arthritis. He's a happy golden oldie.

Hi Mazz,

Welcome to Husky Owners,I hope your time on here is good,the approach of the people on the forum is great,we all have lots to learn,whether we have owned Siberians for 10 years or 10 minutes !

Elke RIP looks like a real character and it is great to see you sticking with the breed with Zoya...

Good Luck & Enjoy !

Warm Regards from Hampshire UK,

Kevin & Pack :bullseye:

Stumbled on this site last night. My wife and I have owned Huskies for a long time. Not that many of them, we are on our second one at this time. Our first, Elke, was a beautiful red and white bi-eyed, and lived to be almost 15. She passed last June. We bought Zoya, a black and white ice blue eyed, from a breeder in Northern Wisconsin this past fall.

We both love the breed, and learned so much from Elke, that when we got Zoya, it was like a walk in the park. Looking forward to continuing to learn and to share.

Hello Mazz and family, welcome to the pack :)

Sorry to hear about Elke, she is gorgeous, R.I.P.

Zoya is beautiful :D