Bathing a Husky - Easy, right?

This should make for an interesting discussion.

Picture the scene. Both the dogs absolutly stink because they have been enjoying themselves in the mud and water at the park, so they need a bath.

Kaiser:

Kaiser is first and runs upstairs with his gracefull bouncyness eager for the first run. He's in the bath filled to around 5 inches with water in seconds and loving Sarah washing him down with the shower, the attention from Louise (my daughter) giving him the occasional treat for being good. Shaking water all over Sarah and loving every minuite of it. One very clean very playfull little puppy.

Kimba:

Now comes Kimba bounding up the stair in the same playfull fashion. OH, but then he hears the shower, see's the bath and thinks to himself (Ya can fook off, I know what your up to) and legs it back downstairs followed by me.

I then put Kimba's collar on and lead him back up stairs to the bathroom. Now to get him in the bath!! Well Kimba wont even jump into the car which he likes being in, let alone the bath so its a 'pick me up' jobbie, and he's not happy about it.

So now there are three of us in the bathroom:

Chief Cleanser and showers holder - Sarah

Head Treat Chef - Louise

The muppet who gets to try and keep him still - Me

Now since many of you will already know, when a husky dont wanna stay still and is determined. He will not stay still LOL .. I have to hold his collar whilst we really really REALLY dont wanna be there. Yep he is tempted with the treats, however its more a "gimme that then I can get out" than a distraction lol.

So eventually we get him cleaned up, arms are aching, hands are hurtin, and we all look like drowned rats.... But kimba is nice n dry ... and downstairs within seconds LOL.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Very funny Marc :D I can picture that scene:eek: Kira dosnt mind a shower but Tia hates it ,because we go to the forest most weekends my 2 are always stinking with the water and mud they play in but I also have to go through their coats to make sure they have no ticks I hate them little buggers ,(the vet says because they are treated for fleas and ticks they should be half dead or dying but how can you tell when its their heads they bury in) anyway Kira as usual had a couple and they had to come out a job I have to leave to Jim ,so now I have 2 clean tick free dogs as well :D I love the summer when you can hose them down outside :)

Nao HATES the bath and must grow about 4 new legs when he sees it as we can never get all his legs out the way to put him in the bath.

When you eventually get him in there you then have the battle to keep him there, while rincing and shampooing and battling with the shower curtain that has just collapsed around our ears becuase Nao has decided to make like a cat and try and climb up it.

Needless to say we have givin up with the bath and now they get washed in the run where there is no escape!

suka isn't gonna like this, he has a bath every week and he still hates it lol...last time i had no way of holding onto him and lathering the shampoo in, so i had to scruff him which i didnt enjoy, but oddly enough, he calmed down! I still ended up soaked from the earlier struggles but at least his white bits were white lol!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

koadah only loves bath in the jucuzzi tub with the jets on!!!!!!i always add apple cider vineger to help get stink off him and any hot spots he could have, such high maintenence, kodah hates baths outside, guess it not relaxing enough!!!!!!! :lol:

i only bathed mine the other day so they're comin as they are lol

o yeah don't you just love crazy husky bath time lol...I actually have to put my swimsuit on and get in there with Dakota..ugh its the easiest way for us..I figure he looks at it like this "If i have to get in here and get soaked so do you mum!"

LOL I have to do the same thing wen I give mine baths. Kahtadin is easy since he's still small/young, but Haley is harder since she can jump out of the tub. She already ripped the shower curtain during one bath!

THey do like being dried after the bath though, both with the towel and with the hair dryer