Battling Speration Anxiety

Sid_Wolf

Hey guys :)

So as a lot of you know, Grey is with us because he is a noisy bugger and Mary and Tony had complaints, crying etc when left alone is a common sign of seperation anxiety, as is shadowing peoplein the house, which Grey has been doing, tho we have been blocking his access to us when we leave the room, so he gets used to not being able to follow us ;)

Tonight all 3 of us are going shopping, normally takes at least an hour, probably about 2. Grey has not been left since he got here, someone has always been here, tho Gerry normally sits upstairs on his computer, so he is used to there not being someone in the room with him.

I'm about to take them out for a long walk, then I'll set the webcam on my laptop up, and leave it recording while we are out, so I can watch it when we get back to see how he reacts :) Hopefully having Kira about, he wont be too bothered, but if he is, then at least I know it is an issue, and we can start working on it :)

I'll keep you updated ;)

Well we were gone 1 hour 40 minutes, I was expecting to get back to no sofa or something, or both dogs covered in blood :lol:

But no, living room is spotless!! not even a bit of shredded paper!!

Just watched most of the vid, and he DIDNT BARK ONCE!!! Or whine, or anything!!! I dropped a brand new tennis ball on the floor as I left, and he grabbed it and made himself busy, didnt even seem to notice we'd left :D

He barked a few times when he heard we were back, but thats ok because I can tell him to shush then :lol:

Overall Im very very pleased!!!

Why oh why could he not had been like that with us! :-( maybe cause kira was there he did not feel alone, that kind of upsets me a bit cause it shows he can do it. Glad he has done it for you sid ( little git!)

When we first got grey he was fine on his own we were able to go out and not have a problem but as time went on and he got use to his new family he started to change and hated to be left on his own, when we left him round our mates who owned the Malamute he was fine would just look out the window and when we got back he would be laying down quiet happy.

Im hoping he stays like this for you sid think Kira helps on this issue big time, will you try and leave him alone without Kira to see how he reacts? or is that something that will never happen? x x x x x

Why oh why could he not had been like that with us! :-( maybe cause kira was there he did not feel alone, that kind of upsets me a bit cause it shows he can do it. Glad he has done it for you sid ( little git!)

When we first got grey he was fine on his own we were able to go out and not have a problem but as time went on and he got use to his new family he started to change and hated to be left on his own, when we left him round our mates who owned the Malamute he was fine would just look out the window and when we got back he would be laying down quiet happy.

Im hoping he stays like this for you sid think Kira helps on this issue big time, will you try and leave him alone without Kira to see how he reacts? or is that something that will never happen? x x x x x

yea he may change over time, once he gets used to being here, but yea i think kira makes a difference. We never take one out without the other, vet visits are always arranged around Ricks working hours as normally both go, so he can stay with Grey, if there's an emergency he comes straight home anyway :) So its unlikely he'll ever be without her, and when he is someone will always be here with him :)

Im glad he was good, means I can look for a job and buy them lots of yummies!!! :lol:

Well we were gone 1 hour 40 minutes, I was expecting to get back to no sofa or something, or both dogs covered in blood :lol:

But no, living room is spotless!! not even a bit of shredded paper!!

Just watched most of the vid, and he DIDNT BARK ONCE!!! Or whine, or anything!!! I dropped a brand new tennis ball on the floor as I left, and he grabbed it and made himself busy, didnt even seem to notice we'd left :D

He barked a few times when he heard we were back, but thats ok because I can tell him to shush then :lol:

Overall Im very very pleased!!!

OMG I cant get over that :o Im so upset cause I so wished he was like that with me cause I put alot of work into trying to make him settled when out. I defo agree with Rose tho, I do think having another Dog there really helps him to relax in his enviroment.

I really really pleased its working out for you Sid! Altho I miss like mad Im so glad to know he happy with his new family and not getting stressed out and that makes me happy to hear that :) x x x x x

• 2 weeks later...

[ATTACH]6393.IPB[/ATTACH]When I first started to leave Andy, he was okay the first two times, but it was obvious he was not happy being crated. The third and fourth he took apart the kennel, literally....see...[ATTACH]6390.IPB[/ATTACH] So we thought we could outsmart him and pin together the door...stupid us! What does a Husky do? Try harder...and he took the kennel off the bottom and squeezed his way out...[ATTACH]6391.IPB[/ATTACH] Chose not to fix it and I had to have him learn to stay alone (even though this is what put us in action to get a pal). I started lining bones and kongs with peanut butter and freezing them. As I was preparing to leave I'd give him the bone in the room where the crate used to be, and he was so interested, he didn't care I was leaving. Seems to be working. Left them together, both with a peanut butter bone...[ATTACH]6392.IPB[/ATTACH] and when I pulled in the driveway, those beautiful white clown faces were waiting in the window and they were thrilled mom was home. Nothing was torn apart, and except for water dripped on the floor (Jackson drinks like a lab), all was well. I now keep frozen peanut butter or kong filling liver flavored bones or balls in the freezer for leaving. Eventually I will be employed again and they will have to go all day, for now, we are working on it a few hours at a time. I do like having them with me, but the grocery or Target stores just don't allow it!

post-2509-13585956893066_thumb.jpg

post-2509-13585956894155_thumb.jpg

post-2509-13585956894695_thumb.jpg

post-2509-13585956895367_thumb.jpg