Sterling Silver (aka: Nightmare)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG LOVE THESE! the leaf like marking on the second picture in the first post is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l. so your huskies are off leash just about everywhere. amazing. :)

Thanks Smokey....Yeah, there are no leash laws where I live. You'd be surprised at how good this breed is when they're raised without leashes. However, he is trained on leash since I work and periodically stay in the city.

brrr...looking at the water pictures make me cold. do the huskies get cold in that water? brrrrrrrrrr.

The first time he fell through the ice he was only six months old and I freaked. I was so scared that I ran through the bush for an hour in my snow shoes to get back home. I damn near killed myself doing it (I'm not as young as I used to be..lol). Anyway, when we finally reached the cottage and I just collapsed into the snow. The best part; Silver is jumping on me and tugging on my jacket wanting to play as if nothing had happened. Ever since then I've used him as my scout when we're walking on sections of ice that I'm not sure of. He's fallen through plenty of times and just clawed his way back up and carries on. He also jumps in on his own to swim after beavers since the water isn't frozen around their homes until late in the year.

To answer your question.....I'm not sure if he gets cold because he's never said anything about it and I don't ask.:P But seriously, I've never seen him shiver or show any signs that he's cold. Regardless, I always head back home afterwards and only stop to let him chew the ice out between his paw pads. I don't panic and run home anymore either...lol.

On another note, most of the water pics are taken during the summer. Despite popular belief, we get all 4 seasons here.....:o

Thanks again everyone for the lovely comments!