Hello Everyone!

Hi everyone. My name is Claire and I'm 24 years old. I live in Northamptonshire, UK. I just got my 14 weeks old husky gsd cross Luna from her first owner who couldn't manage her. I'm finding her a sweet and friendly dog, although she does indeed have a mind of her own. She's mostly obedient, lol. Since she hasn't had her jabs yet i cant take her out, but i'm getting the jabs next week.

I was wondering what foods do you feed your huskies on and how much?

Are any of them trustworthy off the lead?

My interests include Tattoos and piercings, animals, horse riding, internet, 50's and goth fasion, burlesque and pin-up art, Junko Mizuno comics, dreadlocks, horror movies, werewolves amogst other things. I suffer from BPD & AS, do anybody here also suffer?

XX

This is Luna.

post-1405-13585949238074_thumb.jpg

hey welcome to the site my gf is in love with ur husky lol.... be warned all things chewable lol :-)

Mine is great off the lead a million are not lol only you will get to know ur dog just be very cautious. others here have dogs off the lead from what we have spoken about in chat etc ... But not sure id recommend it untill you know ur dogs personality i guess is how i would describe it.

keath sakari and emma

heya claire welcome to the pack there are a few huskies on here who are trusted off lead - i wudnt dare risk it with my two tho lol they wud just run off lol

skyla is fed on beta puppy biscuits and raw food - beef or tripe chunks mostly and blaze is fed on wainwrights puppy biscuits and raw food aswell blaze gets fed twice a day and has a bowl full ov meat skyla gets fed 3 times a day and has about half a bowl full

bings just eats anything and everything lol

luna is gorgeous - shes got eyes like blaze :D cnt w8 2 c more pics ov her

Hey, Claire. Welcome to the pack. Luna is so lovely.

Take a gander at the Food and Diet section you will find many different ideas on what to feed your husky.

Read through them all and see what appeals to you and try it with Luna.

We feed Koda our 16 week girly raw chicken wings at the moment coz she's been through some puddly poo times, so we are using that to get her solid again before adding anything else.

We have a Husky and a 2 year old White GSD so we have both sides of your girls pesonality.

Good luck

also if u change her food over do it gradually bit by bit - add a tiny bit ov new food take a tiny bit away add a bit more take a bit more away - do this over the corse i a week i think it is (anyone?) otherwise it might not agree with her and she might get the runs - not nice

Hi, welcome to the pack :D

She's gorgeous! Yup they're a handfull but a lovely handfull lol

Look forward to seeing you around :)

I feed my boys raw and burns kibble at her age you should aim to feed 4 small meals a day - the quantity depends on the type of food that you get for her :)

Goth, tats, piercings, sibes wow - you sound like me biggrin.gif

hi and welcome to the pack some huskys are let off it isnt recomended though but i know someone with a husky cross gsd and he is always off the lead and never a problem as for feeding i feed csj 100g monning and night and raw chicken wings lunchtime huskys dont need alot but not sure with crossbreeds depends which breed they are more like i suppose

i think i'm going to start feeding her burns puppy bites, and maybe chicken wings once a day? shes on bakers atm but thats palying hell with her gut and i know its probably the worst dog food. she's had diarreha since i got her a week last wednesday, but i wormed her on the first day. im going to ask the vet when i take her next week if he can give her the full worming injection just to make sure.

I havent tried her out yet as she hasnt had her jabs yet, but i've walked her on the lead in the garden and around the house and she doesn't seem to pull to much at the moment. i've got her a a few harnesses and a halti to try later on if it gets bad.

shes only a quarter GSD i think so shes mostly husky. but her obeidience is gettting better by the day and her manners when people are eating etc are getting better. I was amazed really at how clever she is, she knows exactly what you want, just sometimes she'd rather run around. LOL. I guess she will probably get better and better if i keep it up, shes good on recall, so i may try her off the lead at some point, but in a resonable enclosed area i think.

:) Thanks for all the comments.

Shiloh had the runs for almost 4wks angry.gif he had it from the first day we brought him home- we slowly weaned him off the food the breeder gave us as it went straight through him..he was okay for maybe 2 days then started again angry.gif

only since he has been on raw has he been okay...touch wood!!

x x x

we had the same problem with koda, the breeders food went straight through her.

we wormed her as she was heavily wormy!!!

and we have found that only with raw food is she solid, so we are keeping to chicken wings(uncooked),bits of liver and mince....

hope you get luna solid soon

kelly xxx

and tamz..... the raw worked for us so fingers crossed for shiloh xxx