Best Bed for Husky

Amrit

Hi furlovers,

I know its a lot to handle husky pup , since it could take all of your time  yet you will love him .

I know you all wanna give your pup the best out there in terms of food , toilteres  , Beds , toys.

I am looking out for suitable beds for husky , would love support from you guys.Kindly share your experiences about husky sleeping styles and beds you have .

Don't shy away from posting pics of your pets sleeping and beds. :) 

My SImba is 4 months old... let's move one paw at a time.

Amrit-

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-12 at 12.11.40 AM.jpeg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dog loves his orthopedic memory foam XL rectangular bed.
But he's an older guy who never chews anything, so I don't have to worry about him eating it.
He likes to sleep in "dead dog" position on his side with all his legs stretched out...so he would not enjoy a "circle" bed or a bed with raised sides. 

For dogs who eat their beds, people like the Kuranda beds (they are like camping cots).

How does your dog like to sleep? Curled up? Sprawled on side (that's mine)? On back? That will suggest what shape of bed she would like.
( From her cute photo, it looks like she likes sleeping in that funny position on her stomach with her legs stuck out behind her!) 

Lastly - if it's warm in the house - my dog likes to go out on the back deck, lie down on the bare cold wood, and sleep there! Forget the bed, he just wants to be cool!
Sometimes being cold/cool is  more comfortable than having a nice bed...

P1010950.thumb.JPG.6c719ddea08850f3dfa1da0d8ab33677.JPG    22151783_P1010996(Copy).thumb.JPG.79e7ca5cbaad24a12cd34d44cb65ee3f.JPG

499846746_P1020004(Copy).thumb.JPG.7622149b620a24acf092a4c9c88f9c5b.JPG

My boys have one of these type beds each  -   the advantage is that the bed is made up of a type of webbing that allows free airflow so is cooler.   I got them from Amazon for around £20 each.     They are also incredibly easy to keep clean.   However as you can also see in the last picture huskies can make a hardwood floor look like a feather bed.

@wolfpup isn't he adorable....  Yeah i also researched these kinda beds... help them to feel cool in hot weathers.... also give them support.

are these ok in winters also....??

image.thumb.png.6d24c8162a25efc4e251cb1e7cb7c230.pngyou are talking about these beds??

@Shepsky5 hey tnx for such a lovely comment ... yeah i now,.. but for now y Simba is just 4 months old... and he is very naughty... he sleeps in all the funny way possible.

sometimes like a "dead dog" sometimes like sometimes all legs up in the air :P  and sometimes just crawled up with her tail on his nose.

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-12 at 12.11.40 AM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-09-14 at 10.20.28 AM.jpeg

Similar  but this is the one I bought for Mikey - our other husky

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pet-Elevated-Bed-Dog-Cat-Folding-Portable-Raised-Cot-Home-Outdoor-Hammock-Garden/361884605224?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

You live in India  ....................... why are you worried about winter?    Huskies can happily live in below zero temperatures?

Mine mostly sleep on the couch.

24BC4497-B85C-489D-9220-B3F539633D66.thumb.jpeg.ce2373acefdeeaadf0ea199d5cc92d94.jpegCD49A0A2-55B7-401F-92AC-0459BD41BA80.thumb.jpeg.84b2e3e85d9c50f47bc607d74e5ce676.jpeg

They have nice dog beds but they like to eat them sometimes so they only have access to them when they are super tired.

When it is hot they just lay on the tile floor.

I only use these for place training. The girl likes to eat them.

3699AC93-277D-4C2C-8366-A45FED26B616.thumb.jpeg.8f7df9b4c194f07e3d4bb231f014c61b.jpeg1E8D9EEC-47D7-4370-81CB-D8D431134DCD.thumb.jpeg.9bd6769f7f940a4595afe117a0e876eb.jpeg

49C06B57-2A3B-4E2D-964C-7EFCCA5F0924.jpeg

9965C23A-95B0-4197-8CA7-782EA380ED80.jpeg

depends on the dog, I gave my last dog bed away as it sat in the kitchen and was tripped over for a couple years but never slept in by any dog

some times used to find things stolen from the bin in it but never saw any dog use it.

my husky sleeps on the floor mostly in the bathroom or kitchen as the lino is cool.

My shep sleeps on my bed

My Malinois will get on the bed for a while then curl up on the floor next to it

in my life of dogs i have had one or two that would use a bed teh rest slept on the floors or furnature

On 10/23/2019 at 3:19 AM, wolfpup said:

Huskies can happily live in below zero temperatures?

Oh...ok.... I thot he is a puppy and his long coat is still on its way... so was worried about his first winters here... as its do get chilly in winters here in India :)

21 hours ago, 2Huskyfun said:

When it is hot they just lay on the tile floor

same with my Simba.

21 hours ago, PaulG said:

sleeps on the floor mostly in the bathroom or kitchen as the lino is cool.

my Simba also loves to sleep near by Bathroom.. as he finds it cool. sometimes he just spills water from drinking pot and spreads it on the tile floor and rubs his belly on it and sleeps with all 4 legs stretched :P 

• 2 weeks later...

lol if the temp drops to like minus 30 degree's Cent start to worry that he might  feel chilly

on a side note yes it gets hot so people will say have him clipped .......NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER do this,

the just coat is thermal and helps keep them cool as well as warm, avoid too much time in direct sun, so give him shade to sit in, and try to make excerise walks  early morning late evening when its cooler

Cliping the coat will ruin the double layers  as a husky has a dense fluffy layer of lower fur and then longer guard fur, which is the grey fur pattern you see the lower  inner fur is just white.

with the coat clipped you will put him at risk of skin cancer. Sun burning and it could take 2 or 3 years for his coat to grow back to normal looking fur

Looks like a nice dogbed!
I never figured out why the head hanging off the side is so comfortable, but apparently it is? 😀

Mine has been staying outside a lot now that cool fall weather is here...
this morning at 39 degrees F outside , he looked happy and comfortable napping on the deck! 

Its gone down to -2C here a few times   -  and both mine are happy to lay outside on the concrete no matter how many times I try and entice  them inside.    Once indoors however  Mikey stays laying across the back door and Marley goes and lays across the front door  ......................  I have living draft excluders   🤣

1 hour ago, wolfpup said:

Its gone down to -2C here a few times   -  and both mine are happy to lay outside on the concrete no matter how many times I try and entice  them inside.    Once indoors however  Mikey stays laying across the back door and Marley goes and lays across the front door  ......................  I have living draft excluders   🤣

oh yes the husky owner begging huskies to come in before neighbours report you for being cruel leaving your dogs out in the cold........  I just say the colder it is the more energy a husky has

7 hours ago, PaulG said:

oh yes the husky owner begging huskies to come in before neighbours report you for being cruel leaving your dogs out in the cold........  I just say the colder it is the more energy a husky has

Sure you re right...   I have read about the coat clipping... i know it not good fir them... still thanks for educating on this ... its confirms my findings...

I am not just worried about being cold ... but i have read on few blogs .. sometime hard floor is bad for the growing pup posture... so bed in these cases help for those cases also... and he is free to sleep on bed or on floor as per the his mood... from my side...  yet i thought having a bed.. is good ... just to give him option to choose from ... incase he need it... try to be a good parent :) 

13 hours ago, Shepsky5 said:

Looks like a nice dogbed!
I never figured out why the head hanging off the side is so comfortable, but apparently it is? 😀

Mine has been staying outside a lot now that cool fall weather is here...
this morning at 39 degrees F outside , he looked happy and comfortable napping on the deck! 

yeah. he also keep switching from  windows to doors.whichever  side he feel is ok to sleep... mostly in front of Bathrooms...  howsoever its not wet...

• 4 months later...

Winter chills can make already stiff joints even more uncomfortable for elderly and arthritic dogs. Keep lucy warm and cosy during the winter months with a plushy pet bed is necessary. Haha, really cute with this dog bed, I bought it from abbyspace, hope it can help someone. https://www.abbyspace.com/product-page/large-dog-bed

husky.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I am on bed number 4 for Luna. She has the camp bed raised off the floor, wouldn't use it, a big fat memory foam bed like a big pillow, won't use it, a big rectangular memory foam square, won't use it, the bed inside an cage with a nice soft fleece on top, used about twice. She will lay on a fleece blanket occasionally, comes in at night and gets on the sofa or armchair but during the day and evening is mostly outside on tarmac. I want her to have her own bed but I'm not buying another, spent £100s already only to have them piled in the spare bedroom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cant reccomend the Big Barker enough. Its memory foam and comforts a dogs joints. Ours is a Husky Malamute so he is 80lbs. The big barker is specifically designed for dogs who are 60lbs+ When larger dogs get older they are prone to joint problems and this bed fights that. Most dogs love it and its great and lasts forever. 

Both of mine destroyed every dog bed they had [emoji849][emoji3] Cai sleeps on a chair and the floor and Luka blue sleeps on the settee and the floor and at night they’re on and off my bed.

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

• 2 weeks later...

I  have bought a cheapest possible Couch from Walmart for just $200 and to my huge surprise, she actually didn't chew it. First bed she actually didn't (including the "unchewable" ones).

But, she only sleeps there during the day. At night, she always sleeps on my bed with me. Always must touch me with some part of her body. Given how cold it gets here in North Dakota, I really appreciate a warm, fluffy coat in the morning - A portable bio heater - just insert food, out comes the heat :)

Surprisingly, she does quite often choose our bed to sleep in, even during the day. Since I keep all pillows on the bed, she always lies all over the fluffy pillows :)

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 4:49 PM, wolfpup said:

You live in India  ....................... why are you worried about winter?    Huskies can happily live in below zero temperatures?

Clearly, you never worked in the same office with an Indian colleague. Their "COLD" threshold is equivalent to people from Florida / Hawaii .

In Jersey, every single fall, when the temperatures would "plummet" to 50-60F during the day, which is still a T-Shirt weather, they would show up in full winter gear (except for sleds), like it was an Antarctic In-Office expedition :- )))))))))

Besides, I looked it up. He's from Delhi as per his profile. Check the weather stats online. Last December, the coldest it got, was 39 F at night.

That's PLUS 39F. Not Minus 39F, but PLUS 39F. That's not even freezing temperatures ! Would love to watch his face expression if he walked his husky at -47 'C Blizzard conditions, like we get around here, where the icy particles feel like razors cutting deep into your skin and you cannot keep your eyes open without glasses against the wind and a 60-second exposure of your hand (without gloves) can lead to permanent frostbite damage.

But, you'd have more luck spotting a Yeti in North Dakota than an Indian...

My Husky huffs and puffs when it's PLUS 39F and we walk outside. That's still quite warm for a Husky. She usually stops huffing around -5 F (~-20 'C) - that's the comfortable threshold for huff-less walks...

The only way his Husky will *EVER*  experience freezing cold over there is if somebody puts him into a freezer (please don't) or makes a trip to Himalayas, but every single colleague I asked that gave me this "WTF" Look as if going there was an act of madman ("But it's cold there, why would I go there ?!?")...

Archived