Hello I am a new husky owner

Shelley15

They don't eat as much as a similar sized dog, overfeeding even treats can cause the runs.

Stairgates keep them out of areas you don't want them to have unrestricted access to.

If you crate her cable tie all the corners and edges or they will escape 

On that subject never leave windows or doors open even upstairs windows if you give them an inch they will get out.

There are no quick fixes, time, training and patience.

post-1354-0-32160300-1405679619_thumb.jpg

Hi and welcome!
All dogs have different needs, but generic husky care I would say never let her off lead, feed her raw or a good quality grain free kibble, make sure she gets enough exercise, consider crate training as a bored husky can be a destructive husky, do a full escape assessment of your house and garden and make adjustments if necessary, and most importantly give her lots of love!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Daily walks and when time permits, safe enclosed areas for running are recomended. Watch her diet - feed her properly and not overfeed. Overweight can cause all sorts of horrible problems for huskies.

Lots of love and social interaction.30652484ff8e547d9cfdb86d1aa02135.jpg693f6b6cd411f2c126c0dc041d0ee675.jpg4418f0d94d3584d2bb0d508b4de99f8b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thank you all she is crate trained already so keeping that going  we walk her every day but if I walk more than 45 min 1hour she sleeps  all night and even now when we are in our caravan she has a crate but just lies down doesn't  look to escape or nag for walks. Thanks all we kept to same food as old owner who was hubby friend from work who had her but no time for her due to son football. Very placid and quiet. 

20170819_175038-1080x1080.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived