A myth? or not?

lynnmw1208

I just thought I'd let you in on an interesting thought some people believe about the husky. When we were looking to get one the person at the local petstore told us that she has noticed when working with the huskies that the ones that have two blue eyes tend to be more fiesty/crazy/deviant than the huskies that have both brown eyes. Then she went on to tell me that the ones with one blue/one brown eye are a little of both. lol. I was just wondering your thoughts on this?

On that note, Pongo has two blue eyes with a sliver of brown in his parti-eye. Now he is pretty crazy sometimes, but definitely NOT dominant. What about your dogs?laugh.gif

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blaze has abit ov both n hes pretty calm dunno if thats 2 do with me training him he did get excitable alot b4 that but not often just when new ppl were round the house or we had bin out for a while or when its time for a wlk he still goes crazy when its wlk time lol

Myshka is blue-eyed & as stubborn & manic as the next! Diesel is bi-eyed ... whether it's cos he's fixed or older, I dunno (poss part mal, too, but being a rescue, who knows!) is as laid back as anything! He's had toddlers sat on him poking his ears & eyes & he just lay there dozing!

So, there could be some truth in that myth!

Oh, I think that person at the pet store was smokin' somethin'. blink.gif I don't see how eye color could possibly be connected to behavior. Zoya is blue-eyed, and she is the most gentle, loving, and affectionate dog I've ever owned. Our last Husky was bi-eyed, and she was a four-legged demolition team that wreaked fear in the hearts of interior decorators, all by herself.

I think the only iota of truth in it could would be more liked to genetics of the bloodline than eye colour.

I can give you 3 different bloodlines who 'typically' (not exclusively) throw a certain eye colour in their pure forms, two that throw brown eyes, one that throws blue eyes and what you would see is the genetic 'devil' in them showing though linked to the lines 'traits'. The eye colour is coicidence. Would also say of those 3 lines, the two brown-eyed lines are the most devilish. Certainly the 3 most 'crazy' dogs we own have brown eyes: 2 belong to one of aforementioned 'brown-eye' lines, one to the other. We only have the 'blue-eye' line in diluted small doses in dogs: Ones blue eyed, ones brown eyed, ones bi-eyed, but all crazy :lol:

Each of my boys has one solid and one parti-eye.

Nikita has the solid brown eye w/a mostly brown parti and is the fiesty one (or at least was when he was younger).

Dakota has the solid blue eye w/ a mostly brown parti, and he's very sweet, loving, and easy to work with. Kids tend to think he's "evil" though because of how intense his eyes look. He gets a bum rap!

Actually... I remember something about this when I was researching Huskies months ago. If i remember correctly the site, which was from an animal genetics lab i think, Talked about a link between Eye color and hyperactivity in Huskies. I believe there was also a link between fur color as well... I will try to find the website again. I didnt put much thought into it at the time because while I do enjoy studying genetics I still believe that we dont know enough yet to make the links

When I was in Thailand, I found out the local line of thought was that dogs with solid pink tongues can be trusted, but dogs that have pink and black splotched tongues have a tendency to wig out and do things like bite people. It sounds crazy but there is usually something behind it. There may not be a real, existing co-relation between the two, but it did happen enough to make a bunch of locals wonder and come to that conclusion.

My old Sibe (Logan) was red and white, both eyes blue. He was a hellhound, would terrorize everything in site.

My new pup, Nanuck is also red and white, both eyes blue. I think he is the reincarnation of Logan (don't know if Logan is still alive or not).

So, there may be something to it. (Though more than likely, it simply genetics).