Dog Shock Collars

SamK

A Dog Shock Collar is the most common tool used when training dogs. Inexpensive, safe, and effective, this clever device is able to give guidance to what behaviors are right and wrong. They come in different sizes; so rest assure that even your smallest pet can have a collar that will fit properly and will deliver significantly less static than those used on larger dogs. Shock Collars are customizable; you'll be able to select the level of static based upon the persistence and attitude of the pet.

am I lucky i live in a country that from the 1st of jan 2017 this method of cruel training is illegal and punishable with heavy fines and animal cruelty records...

and for example in Wales these are already forbiden...

It's an ecollar, not a shock collar. They have multiple options, and works great for off leash training and recall. My boy doesn't need it much anymore except for a slight reminder sometimes. As long as you're using it correctly, then it doesn't hurt. I've shocked myself of the highest setting. It doesn't hurt, but is uncomfortable. It has a sound and vibrate as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

2 hours ago, shackatttack said:

It's an ecollar, not a shock collar. They have multiple options, and works great for off leash training and recall. My boy doesn't need it much anymore except for a slight reminder sometimes. As long as you're using it correctly, then it doesn't hurt. I've shocked myself of the highest setting. It doesn't hurt, but is uncomfortable. It has a sound and vibrate as well.

now comes my question...do you have kids? would you use it on them just cause it might be easy training...

now comes my question...do you have kids? would you use it on them just cause it might be easy training...

My dogs are my kids. But I wouldn't put it on my human kids. I think everybody can have their own opinion and I was just sharing mine. I wouldn't recommend it for just anybody or any dog. But all positive reinforcement does not work with my dog. He needs corrections. We have tried all R+ but it's not for him. He is not scared of me or the collar.

If I had a shock collar on it would make me very nervous and withdrawn, how people think it's ok to stop their dog barking, their form of communication, is beyond me. I think it's a bit rich to accuse me of abusing my dog and then start advertising shock collars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, shackatttack said:

My dogs are my kids. But I wouldn't put it on my human kids. I think everybody can have their own opinion and I was just sharing mine. I wouldn't recommend it for just anybody or any dog. But all positive reinforcement does not work with my dog. He needs corrections. We have tried all R+ but it's not for him. He is not scared of me or the collar.

double standards imo then...and yes everybody can have their opinion...

btw the advert that the op posted the shock collars are first of all shock then vibrate/sound...

All been said so I'll put it this way as an acid test for anyone considering one of these.  

Even on low voltage, it equates to a firm smack on the neck.  

Would you be happy to deliver the same level of punishment in a more observable way ? Where I live you wouldn't keep your dog very long.

Ps OP looks like an advert 

• 2 weeks later...
I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion and certainly there are those who still use them. Thanks guys for being honest!

Have you used one on a dog yourself? Do you have any reason for thinking it would be good to advertise them?

I would possibly try the e-collar if only to reaffirm recall on mine... they're so like kids when excited.. but at just over 4.2 yrs & 4.6yrs (of 12 month) my two have mellowed & are rather good! They go to their beds and wait till 'ok' - when we come in to offload, take off coats b4 greeting. They lie down when told.. we practice everyday including Gee/Haw spins, paw on a raised knee, high five, 'wuff' for 'say please'.
And a frozen carrot to clean teeth after evening meal!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Husky Owners mobile app

• 2 months later...

That's like calling an electrical outlets in your house an eSocket. Using electricity to stun dogs into behaving is animal cruelty full stop. Most of the world has moved on from these torture technics.

Also if you are relying purely on the shock collar you risk losing your dog because there is no learning taking place here, just avoidance of pain. Any animal behaviorist worth their salt (many don't even understand the difference between negative reinforcement and punishment) will confirm this.

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners mobile app

• 2 months later...

Archived