New Champion

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Ute, Mick and Terry for this accomplishment.laugh.gif

How old is Ute?

Ute will be 7 years old in a few weeks. We didn't get him until he was nearly three. He had originally been sold by the breeder to a family near Paris. The family (and Ute) were involved in a serious car smash and the father was killed. As a result, the wife didn't feel capable of looking after a dog as well as her kids and he was returned to the breeder. We were in touch with the breeder as we had bought his half sister - our Chrystelle (Ch. U'Catcher Dream of Baker Lake) - from them. Terry first saw him at a dog show in Belgium when Alain, the breeder, asked her to show Ute for him. He did really well, winning the CACIB and only being beaten by Chrystelle, and Terry decided there and then to buy him. I only saw him for the first time when we drove over to Calais to collect him. I have to be honest, he looked awful - moulting like a threadbare carpet and looking really miserable. I did wonder whether Terry was doing the right thing. Then, while we were waiting for the ferry at Calais, Terry moved him around the car park for me. Once I saw his movement, I was sold. Despite his baldness, we took him to his first show the next day and he won Best of Breed - the first of many. Since then, apart from the CC's which gave him his championship, he has won 5 Best in Shows and 11 Working Groups at Open Shows. He also works well in harness but most of all, he is an amazing companion and family dog.

This was him at the show the day after we collected him from France:

UTwoBath2.jpg

Mick

PS Smithy - Grumpy is my default stateangry.gifangry.gifrolleyes.gif

It takes a woman to pick a great dog pmsl , Ute is our 3rd UK Champion and our 2nd International Champion, he is 9 points off being a Irish Champion, The best thing is that he is my best friend and my dog of a lifetime,

Terry

I thought I was your best friend!!!

Mick rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif