When do you prefer to walk your dog?

Marc

Simple question really I guess. When do you prefer to walk your dog. I dont mean just in the morning ot, at night but what kind of temperature do you prefer to walk in. Personally I'd preferably like to walk in dry and warm temps constantly. In fact if I lived it that kind of climate I probably wouldnt have time to post LOL. I hate the cold and miserable weather, however I know some people would rather walk when its cold.

not keen on walking in the rain. Love walking him first thing in a morning during the week before i go to work, clears my head and gives me time to myself to think.

Not keen on walking him first thing on a weekend though lol, prefer to go just after lunch for a few hours

Depends what you consider warm and sunny, LOL!

I don't like to walk them when it is hotter than say 27 degrees. For this reason I don't tend to walk them in the mornings, I would have to get up way too early and it gets too hot too quickly. I prefer to walk in the afternoon or night time.

• 9 months later...

pack Leader: Because i am in Louisiana i walk Lana around 11pm/Midnight and 6/7 am all year around. It seems to be very cool during those times (freezing in the winter). There are less wild life out and about and cars... just about less of everything. So when Lana does a great job her walk i can really let her roam further than normal.

I prefer cool, dry, daylight walking, first thing in the morning. Also, she loves to walk when it's snowing and I enjoy that as well. The thing is, I go to work early in the morning. Sheba gets an 18 minute walk at 4:30 every morning, pitch black out, no matter the temperature, or whether it's snowing or raining. In fact, last winter, the coldest we walked in was 7 below zero!

i dont mind whatever the weather, if its hot i just need to make sure there is water nearby for micha to throw herself into.

so i suppose that cold weather is better, because it opens up more walks

however micha hates torrential rain. we got caught in it once, and she hid under a tree seriously scared looking.

I prefer to take nooks in the cool of the day winters great but summer is hard as nooks hates to be warm so if its warm outside she will fight to stay in the shade rather than walk also love winter because nooks wants to stay in more at night and i get some sleep in summer she wqants to be outside and I cant sleep when she is out