Wish Me Luck :(

Taking Sherlock to the vets tomorrow morning (my Chameleon) :(

His joints are swollen and he isn't himself and not sure if I will be bringing him home tomorrow or not  :cry1:

From what I've look at on-line it's a form of Chameleon gout, I don't know how much if any pain he is in as you just can't tell, but will be speaking to a vet tomorrow and going through all his husbandry, if it turns out i could have prevented this - which I'm guessing I'm going to find out it will break my heart 

This vet is well established an considered an expert reptile veterinarian so he's not cheep but I don't care - I want what's best for Sherlock and really hope I don't have to say goodbye tomorrow :(

Wish me luck - off to wipe my eyes as I've started crying again thinking of tomorrow :cry1:  :cry1: 

Will keep you posted x 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well - vets went well :D

The vet was fantastic! REALLY knows his reptile stuff will be going there again (hopefully not for a long time though)

He contemplated a tumour but then thought as it was on more than one leg it's not a high possibility - he thinks more inflammation and infection so i've got 2 diff meds for him to give for a week - syringe it into him - yeah easier than it sounds!!!!  This is the kinda face I get (note not my chameleon lol)

chamforums-11june-angrycham-clarkrw3.jpg

If he isn't any better or gets worse i've provisionally booked an appointment for next week to make sure i've got a space to see him and they'll take him in for x rays :(

Lets hope the meds work 

that is good news - just hope it works. It seems silly getting attached to something that isn't soft and furry, but I have become very attached to my sons bearded dragon and like you I would hate to see anything happen to her.Fingers crossed for a quick recovery.

Thanks all - yeah i didn't think i'd be as upset last night as i was - i was literally sobbing my heart out because i was scared i'd done something that'd damaged him long term - vet was pleased with my chameleon husbandary though :D  God with 3 dogs and 4 reptiles i'm going to be such a mess when one passes over ! :(

Marie - he eats live food and the meds are in liquid form so sadly will have to put up with his squishy angry face a bit longer lol x

Glad everything seems to be good.

I know what you mean though...having 3 dogs all close to the same age, I am going to be a blubbering mess in about 10-12 years :(

Thanks all - yeah i didn't think i'd be as upset last night as i was - i was literally sobbing my heart out because i was scared i'd done something that'd damaged him long term - vet was pleased with my chameleon husbandary though :D  God with 3 dogs and 4 reptiles i'm going to be such a mess when one passes over ! :(

Marie - he eats live food and the meds are in liquid form so sadly will have to put up with his squishy angry face a bit longer lol x

thank you :)  He was a lot angrier yesterday lol I know that sounds weird but chameleon's aren't overly keen on being handled often so I only do it once a week when i clean his vivarium, poor guy is getting so much attention I think he is getting fed up lol

I can't make my mind up as to whether the swelling is going down or not but will take another pic today and compare it