I Am Back With Both Great And Sad News..

Psykoz

Hello there! :)

I am not sure if anyone even remembers me but I am back nonetheless :P I have both sad news and some great news..

My baby (puppy) boy Rosko passed away in an accident close to a month ago now, he was merely 10 months old :( This is a reason to why I haven't been active on the forum lately.. To put it mildly; I have not been doing too well since.

But! Things are starting to look brighter, I have reserved a puppy from a kennel I have had my eyes on for a long time now and if everything goes according to the plan, he will be shipped to us from Lithuania in 2 weeks :) Even though he won't be able to replace Rosko, of course, he will help me cope with my sorrow and help me look forward.

As strange it might sound, I actually feel more grateful than sad right now.. because the kind of bond I had with Rosko is not common between people or between people and animals and I feel blessed to have had the chance to experience that.

I would like for you to meet my puppy! :wub: He is now a bit over 5 months old and he is from the kennel Velnio Malunas in Lithuania. He is being sold to me as a show and breeding prospect. It is my greatest dream to one day open up a kennel of my own, with the goal to unite the working world with the show world. Not a small goal, I know. :)

We haven't decided on a name yet but we are considering Nero as it means wise in finnish and black in latin (or was it italian? :P ). Nero was also part of Rosko's pedigree name, it would be nice to honor him in some way. <3

On this picture he, "Nero", was 3,5 weeks old :wub:

post-11484-0-21360800-1406453549_thumb.j

6 weeks old:

post-11484-0-48429700-1406454033_thumb.j

post-11484-0-10339500-1406453687_thumb.j

Random, cute picture with his siblings:

post-11484-0-41053600-1406453576_thumb.j

8 weeks old:

post-11484-0-04815300-1406453727_thumb.j

3 months old:

post-11484-0-94966300-1406453737_thumb.j

post-11484-0-26273400-1406453752_thumb.j

4 months old at his first show together with the breeder:

post-11484-0-76560800-1406453771_thumb.j

and now at 5 months:

post-11484-0-14718800-1406453791_thumb.j

All the pictures I've shown belong to kennel Velnio Malunas.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So sorry for your loss of Rosko. Nero looks awesome. And so do his parents. Beautiful dogs.

So sorry to hear of Rosko's fate, he will always hold a place in your heart.

Nero is gorgeous, and looks like he is a winner already with his rosette. Don't forget his "Welcome Home" photos in 2 weeks when he arrives.

His Mum is a gorgeous colour, stunning. Here's to many happy years together  :lol:

welcome back! I'm new here, so I wouldn't have known you before. but I want to say I'm so sorry about Rosko. I had a five month old husky get hit and pass on recently, and we definitely shared that crazy intense special bond you are talking about. I knod how awful it is to lose them. but, I also got a new puppy and it really did help tremendously. I wish you and your new puppy all the luck in the world. he is definitely a looker! beautiful idea on the name, by the way. that is so sweet and special.

Holly, Nero looks like he's going to be one fantastic pup and looking at his heritage (and their website) he has some great footstep to follow.

Of course I'm sad for your loss of Roscoe but if any dog can help fill that hollow, Nero looks like he could be the one.

Now a comment, Husky-Owners has a standing rule about posting links to websites where dogs are sold and their link is plainly obvious on the bottom of their pictures.  That notwithstanding, I visited their website and found a treasure.  They may sell dogs, but it's definitely not obvious from the site,  what I saw there were a group of people  and dogs who enjoy doing what they do - and do so very well!!!  For a "breeder" site, it's an excellent example of what I'd look for if I were buying.

Thank you all for your kind words <3 We are picking our new puppy up next Friday! The breeder has a couple of friends who are kind enough to take him with them at the same time as they are going to the world dog show in Helsinki. This means that the transport costs will be a lot lower than if we'd fly to pick him up so I'm very grateful :)

We have decided that we will not be naming our puppy Nero, even though it is a lovely name. The more I think about it the less I want to name him Nero.. Rosko's pedigree name was kennel name + Emperor Nero and he really lived up to his name.. For those of you who don't know who Emperor Nero was, feel free to google him. I'd love to explain but I have some mental limitations due to the extreme stress losing Rosko put me through. It will be fine but it will take long. So PLEASE don't feel bad if you need to ask what I mean if there's something you don't understand. Normally my english is fairly decent but right now I even have trouble with my mother-language. 

Holly, Nero looks like he's going to be one fantastic pup and looking at his heritage (and their website) he has some great footstep to follow.

Of course I'm sad for your loss of Roscoe but if any dog can help fill that hollow, Nero looks like he could be the one.

Now a comment, Husky-Owners has a standing rule about posting links to websites where dogs are sold and their link is plainly obvious on the bottom of their pictures.  That notwithstanding, I visited their website and found a treasure.  They may sell dogs, but it's definitely not obvious from the site,  what I saw there were a group of people  and dogs who enjoy doing what they do - and do so very well!!!  For a "breeder" site, it's an excellent example of what I'd look for if I were buying.

I am aware of this rule and I was hesitant to post the pictures but since I don't have any pictures of my own yet - this was the only way to show him. Also their website is as you put it - a treasure! Usually the breeder puts up ads on facebook from what I have seen, so I didn't feel comfortable linking to her facebook either.. Although she doesn't have litters very often in the first place :P I don't mind if the pictures are removed either, I just hope I didn't upset anyone.

I promise to update with more pictures of our puppy when we've picked him up!

And again - don't hesitate to tell me if I'm saying something confusing.. I'll do my best to try to explain in a better way but yeah, my brain is pretty much mush right now lol.

Hugs to you all <3

welcome back! I'm new here, so I wouldn't have known you before. but I want to say I'm so sorry about Rosko. I had a five month old husky get hit and pass on recently, and we definitely shared that crazy intense special bond you are talking about. I knod how awful it is to lose them. but, I also got a new puppy and it really did help tremendously. I wish you and your new puppy all the luck in the world. he is definitely a looker! beautiful idea on the name, by the way. that is so sweet and special.

I am so sorry for your loss and pain but I'm glad to hear that you were helped to move on by bringing a new puppy into your life :)

Thanks guys :)

So now he's here! We picked him up 3 days ago in Helsinki. A friend of the breeder was kind enough to take him with her at the same time as she was taking her dogs to the World Dog Show here  :) Saved us quite a bit of money lol.

Here's a picture of us the day we got him :wub:

post-11484-0-17213000-1407773339_thumb.j

In the evening we went to the lake nearby, he really loves water :D

post-11484-0-43142400-1407773385_thumb.j

We have decided to call him Ronin, like the Japanese pronunciation but with a rolling rr :D  my boyfriend randomly suggested it and I think it fits him so we went for it lol :)

• 2 weeks later...

wow, he sure is beautiful! how old is he? he's huge looking compared to my 4 m/o (she's almost 5). If I ever got a boy dog, I was gonna name him Ronan [emoji23] close enough! hope you enjoy him and congrats on finally getting him!

Thank you! :) He's about 7 months old in that picture but he is actually quite small lol! I'm not sure if he's even reached the lower height limit according to the standard, I'll have to measure him some day :P