Urgent!! Husky Had A Pup 8 Hours After Stillborn Pup....

mel101094

I know it says 'bulldog' but is this the kind of contract needed? http://www.bulldogsworld.com/breeding/sample-dog-breeder-contract

Yes Mel that pretty much covers it as it makes you the one in charge for the first year of the pups life and gives you the right to get your pup back.if deemed necessary. I also wrote in ours that I had the right to inspect the pup at any time appropriate to myself and, believe me, when I say that I did, just that. I also made sure that any prospective buyers knew everything they needed to about huskies before making a decision as to whether I would let them purchase one or not. I was that fussy about who had one of my pups that I still have 3 and they are not going anywhere :D

Gary.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Mel that pretty much covers it as it makes you the one in charge for the first year of the pups life and gives you the right to get your pup back.if deemed necessary. I also wrote in ours that I had the right to inspect the pup at any time appropriate to myself and, believe me, when I say that I did, just that. I also made sure that any prospective buyers knew everything they needed to about huskies before making a decision as to whether I would let them purchase one or not. I was that fussy about who had one of my pups that I still have 3 and they are not going anywhere :D

Gary.

The last bit about making sure they know about huskies....i have already started doing that :/ Someone i know thought i was implying that they couldnt look after one, i just said im going to be asking those questions to everybody who wants one. If it puts them off, well it proves that they dont know...if it doesnt, they can have one....otherwise im going to have a rather busy house, four huskies already, adding 7 pups...gosh that 11 huskies D: wow very busy haha. 

The last bit about making sure they know about huskies....i have already started doing that :/ Someone i know thought i was implying that they couldnt look after one, i just said im going to be asking those questions to everybody who wants one. If it puts them off, well it proves that they dont know...if it doesnt, they can have one....otherwise im going to have a rather busy house, four huskies already, adding 7 pups...gosh that 11 huskies D: wow very busy haha. 

not too busy to upload pics though :D right?  :angel: 

Lol u can never enough hun but there hard work walking and feeding is the worse lol. I was never eplying you did it for money

Oh god feeding is the worst with Snow, she is the most fussiest eater ever, she wont eat anything other than meat :/ And i know you wasnt, i was just pointing it out :D 

Yer i have 1 that cant have bones of any sort, 2 that wont touch red meat at all plus my alpha and youngest wont touch fish less it cooked lol. Finding a food that fits all of them is hard there now feed canagan, orijen and azura bloody expensive is the word lol but wouldnt have it any other way pmsl

post-11429-0-81038300-1393757915_thumb.j

Here is a photo of feeding time! We gave them nicknames, so from left to right it goes....Adam, Rabbit, Rocky,Raga, Muffin,Eve and Little Miss.

The order they came out will help you understand their names

Adam and Eve  (the first two out) 

Raga and Muffin (ragamuffin) 

Rabbit (she was the one that arrived 8 hours after the stillborn, so she is named after the white rabbit from alice in wonderland because he is always running late) 

Rocky (he was a stillborn but he fought his way back to life, so he gets Rocky after the movie) 

Little Miss (she is the smallest out of them all, but she is a madame) 

:D

Yer i have 1 that cant have bones of any sort, 2 that wont touch red meat at all plus my alpha and youngest wont touch fish less it cooked lol. Finding a food that fits all of them is hard there now feed canagan, orijen and azura bloody expensive is the word lol but wouldnt have it any other way pmsl

Thor cant have bones, we found that out by him taking a trip to the vets, the old owners didnt think to tell us that he is extremely allergic to them....

I wish we could, we already have four crazies, if we had a bigger house with more land, there would have been a chance, its going to be hard letting them go....

It's definitely going to be hard to let them go, but, you also have the problem of making sure they go to the right people and if that doesn't happen you could, potentially, end up with one or two anyway. :huh:

Gary.

Edited by Keeonah

It's definitely going to be hard to let them go, but, you also have the problem of making sure they go to the right people and if that doesn't happen you could, potentially, end up with one or two anyway. :huh:

Gary.

It is. And im not going to let them go to anyone who doesnt know the breed. Im going to ask them questions, just to make sure that they are going to a good home  :)

It is. And im not going to let them go to anyone who doesnt know the breed. Im going to ask them questions, just to make sure that they are going to a good home  :)

Good on you Mel. Glad to see you have your standards, well done. We did find that by the time they were 7 weeks old they were starting to wear us down and get on our nerves but we stuck to our guns and endeavered to ensure that they were homed properly. Unfrotunately it went wrong with Eclipse but we were safe guarded by the contract.

Gary.

So im pretty concerned....is it normal for mum to want to leave the pups and come and sit with us? Wouldnt that make her lose interest in the pups? Would she go back if they cried? All Moo wants to do is come out of the whelping box and come and sit with us, its only the fourth day with the pups. Shouldnt she want to be with the pups longer. 

She is doing all the right stuff, licking their behinds to stimulate them to do their business, lying on her side for the pups to suckle, but i would have thought she wanted to stay with them longer....

If it's warm enough and since she's taking care of them when they need it, I'd not be too concerned.  She's probably just getting tired of having to be there - and she doesn't really need to be, not all the time.

My little girl was outside within the first week, never very far away and always there for feeding and cleaning - but it was obvious that she just wanted some time on her own.

If it's warm enough and since she's taking care of them when they need it, I'd not be too concerned.  She's probably just getting tired of having to be there - and she doesn't really need to be, not all the time.

My little girl was outside within the first week, never very far away and always there for feeding and cleaning - but it was obvious that she just wanted some time on her own.

I thought that she might just want some time alone, so if she goes back to them when they cry, it will be okay and she can sit with us? We have taken the gate off it so she can just walk out if she wants, but now she has laid back down in the box lol. 

So im pretty concerned....is it normal for mum to want to leave the pups and come and sit with us? Wouldnt that make her lose interest in the pups? Would she go back if they cried? All Moo wants to do is come out of the whelping box and come and sit with us, its only the fourth day with the pups. Shouldnt she want to be with the pups longer. 

She is doing all the right stuff, licking their behinds to stimulate them to do their business, lying on her side for the pups to suckle, but i would have thought she wanted to stay with them longer....

Not necessarily. Sasha occassionally came out of the box to be with us to. You have to remember that they are the mum giving love to their pups but they need love as well and that comes from us. Chances are that if one of the pups cries out she'll be there in a flash. ;)

Gary.

Not necessarily. Sasha occassionally came out of the box to be with us to. You have to remember that they are the mum giving love to their pups but they need love as well and that comes from us. Chances are that if one of the pups cries out she'll be there in a flash. ;)

Gary.

I thought that, my dad just wanted to know if it was all normal behaviour. 

I know it says 'bulldog' but is this the kind of contract needed? http://www.bulldogsworld.com/breeding/sample-dog-breeder-contract

Glad to see that things are going well and thanks for sharing some pictures. The puppies are looking good. That contract is a good starting point, but you may want to include some other things in there as well. Things like a breech of contract clause if the pups are sold as pets and then are breed, quality of food they can be feed, etc. 

I thought that she might just want some time alone, so if she goes back to them when they cry, it will be okay and she can sit with us? We have taken the gate off it so she can just walk out if she wants, but now she has laid back down in the box lol.

You gotta remember, if she were in the wild, she'd be leaving them alone for possibly hours at a time as she hunted.  Since she's coming out to visit, it means that she's comfortable that the pups are safe enough that she can leave them alone for a while.  As they get older, expect that time to lengthen - it doesn't mean that she'd being a bad mother, it means that she's getting them ready to be on their own (eventually).

Assuming that you're of the female persuasion (Melissa would be a really odd name for a guy!) How do you think you'd feel if you had triplets - I bet they'd be getting pretty sore after a while ... :) As long as she's taking care of them it's fair for her to get a break once in a while.