That Is It!!!

Mike101

50 years of getting up at unearthly hours of the morning , in all sorts of weather to go to work....... as of today  (Sunday officially) I have retired from the working population of the UK ........ :)  :) :)  :)  :)    

Doing What we want , when we want. not being governed by time and the clock .

My good lady wife will keep me busy , I have Skye and my Archery ..also I love to try to use a 3-d graphics program ..I emphasize the Try .. but basically , we are looking forward to pleasing ourselves and enjoying the rest of our lives

Awesome

:congrats:

I've got another 7.5 years I'm hoping to go at 60

All my colleagues that have retired say they are so busy they don't know how they had time to work :)

Happy for ya! :)

One of the things my Nono said, is that even after you retire, its important to keep moving. Keep as active as you can, both mentally and physically, and you'll live longer. And it was true, he lived until he was 87...which is a long time for my family's bloodline. 

Thanks everyone  :)  for the good wishes and advise

Congrats.....new time table is starting....bet you will still get up early.....

Yes Robke I probably will ..after 50 years the habit will be kinda hard to break.. but the thing is I have the choice now .  :)

The Alarm clock has already been consigned to "the Bin " :D

Thanks everyone  :)  for the good wishes and advise

Yes Robke I probably will ..after 50 years the habit will be kinda hard to break.. but the thing is I have the choice now .  :)

The Alarm clock has already been consigned to "the Bin " :D

That is true you now have the choice to turn around and go back to sleep without feeling guilty... ;)

8:00 am is a lay -in for me  :) I was usually up for 5:00am . Skye will manage 7:00 to 7-30 at the week-ends before she comes bounding up the stairs and onto the bed. licking my eyes, nose and tugging at my hair to let me know she wants to go a walk  :).