Weather Watch

Dunc

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll get some wind and water (I hope) Tod's going to take a run to the west south of us tomorrow night and Sunday.

Currently 31 and 38% and we're not supposed to get over 33 for the next couple of days. I'm gone to heaven!!!

Tod is a tropical storm that made landfall on the south Texas coast earlier today ... for those who are wondering.

• 4 months later...

Do you get to stay home from work if it does????

I do indeedy!! There are a few managers who have a "safe key" to access work systems from home, but they don't give them to us pond-life - so we can't work from home & there is a MASSIVE health & safety drive on at the moment, quite a few injuries occured in decent, dry weather, so as for travelling 30 miles to the office in snow & ice - forget it!! :lolman:

Do you get to stay home from work if it does????

This is myy high for the day and I'm getting real tired of cold!!!!!! Add to that I'm not getting enough sunight to run the tower and I'm on my pitiful old laptop!!!!

I didn't even know it got that cold in Texas!! That would be unseasonably warm for this time of year here, but then I'm also 2700km due north of you!

Is it true that air conditioning comes standard in your vehicles while heat is an option?

I didn't even know it got that cold in Texas!! That would be unseasonably warm for this time of year here, but then I'm also 2700km due north of you!

Is it true that air conditioning comes standard in your vehicles while heat is an option?

When I moved out here, I forgot that I was moving to about 4000 ft elevation - where it's a bit cooler than at sea level. But that's okay, we'll be back in the 90's in a month or two (( That the gods!! ))

Re heat / a/c, you're half right, air conditioning does come standard on almost ever car down here; heat does too.

People seem to forget how big Texas is, it stretches almost 900 miles from east to west and while the south point (Brownsville) is across from Miami, the northernmost part of the state is across from Nashville. Amarillo and Dallas get the winters that I'm glad I don't!!!

People seem to forget how big Texas is, it stretches almost 900 miles from east to west and while the south point (Brownsville) is across from Miami, the northernmost part of the state is across from Nashville. Amarillo and Dallas get the winters that I'm glad I don't!!!

I know it's a big state, but I still didn't think it was far enough North to warrant those kind of temperatures! I guess if this is the coldest you get it's still pretty decent.

That *really* debatable, I'd much rather have 90 and over than 50 and less !!

Wah! No thank you! We get a couple days a year that hot, but 33c (91f) is an unbearably hot day! I'm happiest at 24-27c (75-80f). Right now we're having an unseasonably mild stretch of -10 to -8c (14-17f) and it's wicked! Perfect winter weather!

Wah! No thank you! We get a couple days a year that hot, but 33c (91f) is an unbearably hot day! I'm happiest at 24-27c (75-80f). Right now we're having an unseasonably mild stretch of -10 to -8c (14-17f) and it's wicked! Perfect winter weather!

Sorry, but for me those words do not go together - anyone who wants it can have the snow but please do not send it my way!!! :)

Sorry, but for me those words do not go together - anyone who wants it can have the snow but please do not send it my way!!! :)

They do if you love to ski! I guess not much of that in Texas - come to think of it, there's not much in flat land Saskatchewan either. *sniff* Unless you like cross country skiing, which I don't - though I may try it again now that I have huskies to hook myself up to!

They do if you love to ski! I guess not much of that in Texas - come to think of it, there's not much in flat land Saskatchewan either. *sniff* Unless you like cross country skiing, which I don't - though I may try it again now that I have huskies to hook myself up to!

Pictures!!!

I gotta have pictures of that!!!!!

That *really* debatable, I'd much rather have 90 and over than 50 and less !!

I'm with Ravenwolf - much prefer winter cold to the miserable heat we get here in summer, sometimes! I can always put more clothing on, but only a certain amount can come off... It's been quite mild here the last couple of days - well above freezing during the day, and sometimes even overnight! NOT helpful for a white Christmas! :(

• 3 weeks later...

62 degrees and sunny in the north bay of san franciso area:) so perfect in imo, however my home is in a redwood patch which makes it about 10degress cooler than what gets reported.

I would much rather be cold than hot, you can always put more layers on and build a fire, but when its hot its hot and you can't do much about. However its nice to not have the humidity that I grew up with in the midwest, much prefer the dry heat of CA. I do miss snow sometimes;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Coldest day yet this season!

I'll happily walk the dogs when it's this cold, but not when there's that much of a wind chill!

[ATTACH=full]35208[/ATTACH]

:yikes: I don't know if i would survive in those temps! It's -9 here at the moment and i feel like my fingers are gonna freeze and fall off!:dramaqueen:

We have a severe weather alarm going on here. In just a few hours a total of TEN centimetres of snow has fallen down! Oh my, the world is going to end!! How can we now go to our work and without getting too late?! </sarcasm>

No really though. That's how the people in the Netherlands currently seem to respond to it. Our society is grinding to a halt and our public transport also seems to be paralysed... It's -3 here. :rolleyes: