Is Your Husky A Cuddler?

Mine certainly isn't he hates being cuddled! If you even attempt it he starts to cry and run away. 

He will quite happily snuggle into your leg , or with his head on your lap but if you try to cuddle him back it sounds like he's being murdered!  :rofl:

Do I try and bribe him into cuddling me with treats or just accept the fact that he's a strong independent husky who don't need no cuddles? Lol  :D

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luna can be sometimes. Usually at night before bed she is right there either with her head in my lap or laying right up next to me almost leaning in on me. Every once in a while, she will sit or lay in my lap. AND, only with me lol. When my OH tries to cuddle with her, or even the kids, she doesn't want anything to do with it. I guess I'm just special. :)

Juno will get up and walk away if someone at the park tries to pet her. She loves strangers that enter the house, and loves it when I come home, but besides that I kind of have to grab her and hug her. She will tolerate it and close her eyes almost like she's thinking the more she sits still the faster I will finish kissing her face. 

Cato is kind of the same way, only he sleeps on my bed and will tolerate my petting for a certain amount of time, but still not big on cuddling.

Chula didn't start cuddling until the last month or so. It's really sweet now, since she never was a cuddler in the past. When she wants to cuddle, you can't keep her off you, but when she doesn't want to cuddle, she lets you know it!

Anyway, there may still be hope! Mine never would have cuddled at 4 months unless she was too dang tired to move.

Cj loves belly rubs but isn't much of a cuddler. Ace on the other hand loves cuddles. He can't seem to get enough! If I lay on the couch and take up the whole thing, he will sit and then put a paw up either on me or the couch which is his way of asking to come cuddle. :D

Keira will cuddle when she feels like it, or when it's bed time since she sleeps with us. She mostly just snuggles her head on my lap, or right up against me when I'm laying in bed. But sometimes she'll lay down with her back to me in the bed and her head on the pillow almost like she's a human and she'll let me cuddle her then, even though she eventually moves.