tri colored huskie's

Ashley Osburn

There are a lot of people who are totally misinformed about Huskies. Colors especially. I've heard that since Cheyenne is Bi-eyed she was "inbred" or a "Hybrid" as *true* Huskies ONLY have blue eyes ;) Also since she is Black/Cream/Rust people don't believe she's not a wolf hybrid. Because only true Huskies are Black/White Red/white or Gray/white.

Haha. And Mickey... Oh boy don't get me started!

People are so funny. You just can't take them seriously.

Well..word " Siberian Husky" causes to many people firstly a image of dog with blue eyes and black & white coat. (Disney- style :lol: ) Many people doesn´t even know other colors exist. In fact most of the huskies which are registered "Black-White"- color code in papers are Black-White-Gray. Many black & white huskies have gray undercoat. (example my own dog Ronja)

yeah dont worry about people who say that to you. Huskies can have some pretty awesome color combinations, including eyes. Bi-eyed huskies are not inbred, and as a matter of fact arent husky pups the only breed that can have bi-eyes without it being a default?

For the coat its common that people make comments about the coat not only because of movie dogs, but also because if they do win best in show on a televised show like westminster, its also common that their coats are 2 solid colors as well...like black and white with no other visible colors.

UK Kennel Club:

Colour

All colours and markings, including white, allowed. Variety of markings on head is common, including many striking patterns not found in other breeds.

And

Canadian Kennel Club:

All colours (solids and blended shades) and pure white are allowed and

all markings. A large variety of markings are found in the Siberian Husky,

especially around the head.

And

American Kennel Club:

Color

All colors from black to pure white are allowed. A variety of markings on the head is common, including many striking patterns not found in other breeds.

And

Australian Kennel Club:

All colours from black to pure white are allowed. A variety of markings on the head is common, including many striking patterns not found in other breeds.

And

ME:-

Bloody idiots

Here's a link http://www.huskycolors.com/agouti.html to a page on http://www.huskycolors.com that has photos of Agouti Huskies. They seem to be almost brindle in color, which is a mix of black, brown, and white or cream. The breeder we got Zoya from, recently acquired an Agouti Husky. I've never seen one, and don't think they are common. It's possible though, that if your Husky has three colors, that an Agouti Husky is the line somewhere.

By the way, Zoya is a black and white, but she has tan on her lower rear legs, that transcends between the black and white. So I suppose one could say she's tri-colored. I think some people just try to put others down to falsly feel better about themselves.