Camp Warning - Must read

Marc

Hi Guys,

I know a lot of you on UK camp have been before, however some havent and I would like people who are coming to read this regardless.

I would like anyone who is coming to camp to bare the following in mind whilst they are there. I dont want to sit imposing rules on people as thats not what we are there for, however there will be some things that I expect and would appreciate if people would take on board.

1. OUR CAMP - Our camp has been held at this location now on 2 previous occasions and this will be our 3rd. Please treat the site and its staff with respect as we enjoy being welcomed here each year.
  2. POO BAGS - May seem obvious, but I will state it in any case. Please pick up after your dogs.
  3. YOUR DOG/MY DOG - Please bare in mind your dog may be the happiest, most relaxed dog on the face of the earth. But if you take it up to another dog that is not "ok with it" no amount of "Oh they will be fine" will be tollerated. If you are asked no, it means no.
  4. CHILDREN - Nobody at camp is responsible for other peoples children. Ensure you know where they are, expecially when around other peoples dogs. Again yours may be fine and your children may be fine, but the dog they approach may not be. If your child is bitten approaching another dog without being specifically told they can, that would be your fault. Please use common sense.
  5. PLEASE OFFER - Dunc and Madmonk more than anyone do a hell of a lot at camp that does need help when it comes to time for food. If you can help out, whether it be collecting money for a takeway, helping wash stuff up, getting bits from someones caravan etc I can assure you that its massivly appreciated and remembered.
  6. TIDY UP - Please ensure all your camp area is tidy when you leave. If you are in a caravan ensure it is as you found it when you entered in the first place. As someone on this forum already found out, we can find out who has been in which caravan.

Some of the more light heated ones, however should still apply.

1. YOUR PROBLEMS - I am on holiday and so are others. We dont want a weekend of someones sorrow, trials and tribulations. We are there to enjoy ourselves, so enjoy it. Life is to short!
  2. PRACTICAL JOKES - Yes, at camp we are all idiots and we dont care. I have not been to a camp yet were someone cops for something (last one being sparks car completely stickynoted). If you are going to be doing anything like this, please be carefull and ensure its not something over stupid that is going to cause someone harm or discomfort for the whole weekend. And if someone decides your the target of the hour, have a sense of humour... Its fun.
  3. BEER/WINE/OTHER - We all like a drink, and some of the staff probably more than most (especially that Sarah, she's terrible ;) ) but if you are the kind of person who is likely to kick off with people once you have been drinking, think twice. You will definately be banned from the forum for it, be kicked off the site for it, and likely have the police called. Again we are there to have fun.

SERIOUS WARNING

Nobody is to say I have not warned them if this happens. We have had only one occasion in a number of years now were someone has caused trouble at camp. This person was eventually arrested along with the friends he brought along. So I will say this only once. If you OR ANYONE YOU BRING WITH YOU WHETHER ITS FRIENDS AND FAMILY OR OTHERWISE NOT ON THE FORUM cause trouble at camp, you will be banned, no exceptions, no second chances. I will not tollerate it and I will personally ensure it stops instantly in the most unpleasant manor for the person involved. I WILL NOT put up with it more than once and that once was used up a couple of years ago.

Edited by Marc

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's not just mud guys, the grass for pitching is turning into lakes. I am the only person pitched on this section and im currently the only bit not flooded but im not far off.

There doesn't appear to be any drainage for the water so it's just going up and up. If you have chance, buy yourselves loads of ground sheets to try and block it off but to be honest, you might be pitching in water anyway. Other than that, were enjoying it.

Stacey xxx

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Can't wait to see pictures...like your rules...we had some similar, though probably did not follow through on many....and in the small area we were at, when someone did not pick up their poo, or missed seeing their dog do the doo...it was no fun when one or two stepped in it...so I'm with you there. When someone tells you your dog has pooed, don't argue, just pick it up! I'm disappointed we didn't have more photos...i still have to do my video. Have fun you all....