Camp Warning - Must read

Marc

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. CHILDREN - Nobody at camp is responsible for other peoples children. Ensure you know where they are, expecially when around other peoples dogs. Again yours may be fine and your children may be fine, but the dog they approach may not be. If your child is bitten approaching another dog without being specifically told they can, that would be your fault. Please use common sense.

As a parent this is one that I think I can appreciate even though I won't be going to October camp in the UK. I don't know how it is there, but at camp this year my fellow campers were awsome enough to let me know if their dogs weren't going to be okay or even questionable with my toddler. It goes without saying that everyone's there to have a good time, but seriously folks, don't be afraid to let people know i you're not sure how your dog is going to be with kids. Parents, don't be afraid to ask. Make sure you go over rules for interacting with dogs before you get there. My toddler is an energetic one...anyone who was at Iowa camp can tell you...and I think she drug Jennet around for far longer than I would have tolerated...and my older kids (particularlie miss Stomie) needs a reminder or two of things we don't do with other people's dogs. It's so much easier to say, Hey, he's not used to kids...than it is to take a trip to ER for stitches.

Anywho, my 2 Cents there.