please say a prayer

tracey8

Im not one to usually one air problems out in public, but my brother in law nigel took ill a couple of weeks ago the doctors done some test and have told my sister he has a large brain tumour and are unable to do anything for him he has rapidly gone downhill the last week and the hospital sent him home yesterday to die at home so it is just a matter of time, he is in a coma like state and i just can't believe how quick this has come on without any warning, please say a prayer for him.

Thank you x

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry... :(

Have you tried getting another opinion? I know, over here at least, the hospitals are so crappy. My Nono (italian grandfather) died because of very poor service and care while he was recovering from surgery. They practically let him starve to death because they didn't give him enough meals throughout the day. We always say, if you want a way to surely die, go to a hospital...

we lost a family friend last year to the same sort of thing. He was at my parents 50th anniversary but was not his usual self and a week later he was diagnosed with a tumour, which wasn't treatable. The day he died he had been out for a meal with his wife came home and said he felt tired and went up to bed while his wife made a cup of tea and by the time she took it to him he had quietly passed away.

we lost a family friend last year to the same sort of thing. He was at my parents 50th anniversary but was not his usual self and a week later he was diagnosed with a tumour, which wasn't treatable. The day he died he had been out for a meal with his wife came home and said he felt tired and went up to bed while his wife made a cup of tea and by the time she took it to him he had quietly passed away.

Aww im sorry, it is just a shock and so sudden, i hope i have not made anyone feel awkward by posting this i just can't believe it

Aww im sorry, it is just a shock and so sudden, i hope i have not made anyone feel awkward by posting this i just can't believe it

No you haven't I just hoped that mentioning that our friend passed very peacefully might give you some hope for your brother-in-law. Sudden shocks are just unbearable and do take a lot of time to come to terms with, but for some people just talking about things can help. Then sometimes it all comes flooding back and a good cry gets it out of your system for another wee while( well it does for me anyway).

No you haven't I just hoped that mentioning that our friend passed very peacefully might give you some hope for your brother-in-law. Sudden shocks are just unbearable and do take a lot of time to come to terms with, but for some people just talking about things can help. Then sometimes it all comes flooding back and a good cry gets it out of your system for another wee while( well it does for me anyway).

Thank you, he has a nurse staying with him through the night at my sisters home so i know he is not going to be too long .xx

im so sorry tracey.

My step uncle had brain tumors. he had two ops and lived a year or so with the ops.

then it got bad and he couldnt be operated on again :( but those ops he did have gave him extra time with his family. xx