Ladies, gentlemen & furbabies, let me introduce ....

Diesel, the newest member of our pack! :wave::wave:

We went to Bangor today to rehome this boy as where he was living, he was being overshadowed by the family's akita & they made the heart-breaking decision to rehome him!

He is as soft as the proverbial! We introduced the two huskies on leads at first & they got on great, so we took them to a large enclosed pitch, where they got on even better off lead! Diesel melted our hearts, is just what we are looking for! He is a 3 yr old, bi-eyed redhead & a little on the tubby size, but a few months chasing Myshka (or vice versa!) will soon sort him out!! He is a gentle bear!

I have left a HO card with the owners so they can see how Diesel is settling in & encouraged them to join up here, I hope they do. Thank you, Steve, Danielle & Tamsin, we'll look after Diesel no problem!! xx :D

MyshkaDiesel003.jpg

MyshkaDiesel001.jpg

Myshka025.jpg

Myshka038.jpg

Myshka045.jpg

Do you think they are getting along???

Oh Val !!!! So pleased for you!!!!!!

He is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love how you even took him on when he's blowing his coat LOL

They look like they're getting on so well together!!!!

Can't wait to meet him and see lots of new pics!!

Welcome to the family xx

Thanks, everyone, he's settling well at the moment. Just taken them on a walk through the fields, neither of them bothered who led, but mainly Diesel followed so he could piddle where Myshka had!! :D

He is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love how you even took him on when he's blowing his coat LOL

Yeah, looks like he's just started, too, and just when Myshka had finished hers -- life with a husky, eh?

They're both asleep on the floor now, but thank you on behalf of Diesel for the welcome, I will be sharing one or two pics of his settling in to our pack over the next few months, no doubt!! :P

Thanks, all - we had a bit of a 'wimpering' night with him, all is strange, so Steve slept downstairs with him & he settled after a little while.

He's already learnt not to go in the kitchen (no door on it) so he stops where Myshka does & sits & waits. He has a lot of command knowledge thanks to his previous home (who have joined here, I might add, under the name of Akita, so they can see his progress! Hiya, guys :wave: )

We're gonna register him later with the vet & get him MOT'd! Think he needs chipping, too, so will sort all that out today & gonna try him in a harness instead of a flat collar, as he is a VERY strong boy to walk!! :eek:

Myshka still tries to lead him everywhere, if he moves, she's in there seeing what he's doing but - guess what REALLY surprised me? His previous owner didn't feed him in case he was coming home with us & it was a 2hr car journey, so when we got in, we filled 2 bowls of food - Diesel went straight to one & started eating, Myshka went to the same one, saw Diesel eating (from what had been her bowl) & backed off, sat & watched him till he'd had enough, then she ate from the same bowl!! Couldn't believe it! She was so patient! But I know that was probably a one-off! I ain't complaining, though!!

Watch this space!!! :D:D

hes gorgeous! congrats val and well done for takin him in :) welcome to the pack deisel - cnt w8 2 meet him at a few HO meet ups ;) he looks and sounds like hes settled in rly well give myshka a big hug for bein such a good patient girl with him lol and one for him for also being a good boy :)

cnt w8 2 c sum more pics and hearin all about his progress with u :)

Thanks, all - we had a bit of a 'wimpering' night with him, all is strange, so Steve slept downstairs with him & he settled after a little while.

He's already learnt not to go in the kitchen (no door on it) so he stops where Myshka does & sits & waits. He has a lot of command knowledge thanks to his previous home (who have joined here, I might add, under the name of Akita, so they can see his progress! Hiya, guys :wave: )

We're gonna register him later with the vet & get him MOT'd! Think he needs chipping, too, so will sort all that out today & gonna try him in a harness instead of a flat collar, as he is a VERY strong boy to walk!! :eek:

Myshka still tries to lead him everywhere, if he moves, she's in there seeing what he's doing but - guess what REALLY surprised me? His previous owner didn't feed him in case he was coming home with us & it was a 2hr car journey, so when we got in, we filled 2 bowls of food - Diesel went straight to one & started eating, Myshka went to the same one, saw Diesel eating (from what had been her bowl) & backed off, sat & watched him till he'd had enough, then she ate from the same bowl!! Couldn't believe it! She was so patient! But I know that was probably a one-off! I ain't complaining, though!!

Watch this space!!! :D:D

Ahhh!!!!!! I was wondering why an Akita had joined a husky forum LOL !!! I thought they'd got lost - helloooooo :wave: welcome to the site :D

Awwww I can't believe Myshka sat and waited lol - can't see that lasting lmao :D :D

awwwwwww Val, he is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will need to hide thes photos from Gizmo though ;) I dont think he would want to know his girlfirend has another 'lover' lol

Can't wait to meet him :D He is huge compared to Myshka, makes her look like she should be a puppy lol. He's a big cuddly bear. With his colour, you call him Winnie The Pooh ;)