• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got same Nix and I don't know what to do either :(

As I see it......

Iphone is a fantastic phone for hardware but lacking software

S2 is also a fantastic phone for software but lacking in hardware

Never heard of anyone having any troubles with a Iphone but loads with some Andriod phones S2 being the biggest let down if you get a good one they are great but get a bad one they are rubbish ( ask Marc he's had 2 ).

So to answer your question I don't know and think I might end up going for something else, mine is due in May :)

I dont think the S2 is lacking in hardware.... its on par if not better than the 4s, they both have a duel core processor, and the S2 has better graphics. Camera is about the same.

And most of them had serious problems with sound and to me a phone is to take and make calls, this is the thing that is putting me off.

No point in dressing it up Sparks I know you got lucky and got one without the troubles but Marc as had 2 now and its still not sorted 3 mouths into a 2 year contract ( not happening to me )

Read this second post says a lot :(

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s2-international/357910-voice-echo-anyone-else-getting.html

I have the Galaxy S, and the only problem i've had with it is it going a bit mad, because I save all my passwords etc on the net (and i use it a lot on my fone) it seems to back up my fone and then it send my text messages funny, but I just restore the fone and its perfect again :D

It took a 8 months at least for it to get to that point, so if you dont use the net on it as much then it might not happen :) but its easily sorted anyway, and theres probably a way to delete cookies etc without resetting it, but im too lazy to look!

I've drop kicked it, dropped it in the dogs water bowl, dropped it multiple times and its still fine :D

And most of them had serious problems with sound and to me a phone is to take and make calls, this is the thing that is putting me off.

No point in dressing it up Sparks I know you got lucky and got one without the troubles but Marc as had 2 now and its still not sorted 3 mouths into a 2 year contract ( not happening to me )

Read this second post says a lot :(

yeh i must have got lucky, i know Marc has had a few problems with his, they will be releasing better phones pretty soon anyway and probably the S3

I have an S2 and it's great.

Didn't want to pay for my phone, so didn't get the Iphone.

I had a galaxy s previously and that was good, just needed more RAM. The S2 has 3 times more RAM (1 gig) and the duel core processor is pretty damn fast!

The Android Marketplace is great also. All in all, i'm very happy with my S2

I have an Android (Samsung Galaxy S) and I hate it. I will never buy another Android device- it's slow, glitchy, shuts down by itself all the time, and just sucks honestly. I have an ipad and I wish my carrier had the iphone because I would get it in a second! I know there may be some "great" Android devices out there but from my experience with mine and comparing to using others iphones... the choice is clear for me!

got an S2 and it's brilliant :) did have a problem with it turning itself off but a wiggle of the battery and connectors fixed that and no problems since.

I think it's better if you've got a PC than a Mac as sync'ing on a Mac is a total PITA!

Think the android market is better than the app store and i'd not go back to an iPhone - find my iPhone 3GS weird now LOL!

its a tough choice - i can get the 4s for free on my contract but the s2 for £99 - which is why i was swaying more to the iphone - tbh i just want a good phone that i can call make texts on and take good pics - i will probably very rarely use the internet on it cuz i cant use my phone at work and if im not at work im at home where i can use my laptop - i dont play games or anything either

n from what i can see the iphone will have a better memory if i get the 64gb 1

its such a tough choice

its a tough choice - i can get the 4s for free on my contract but the s2 for £99 - which is why i was swaying more to the iphone - tbh i just want a good phone that i can call make texts on and take good pics - i will probably very rarely use the internet on it cuz i cant use my phone at work and if im not at work im at home where i can use my laptop - i dont play games or anything either

its such a tough choice

I have an iphone 4 (not the 4s). I'm satisfied with it and I haven't had any problems so far. The way the iphone's memory works...is that it has certain 'compartments' or partitions for the memory. I think the 'App' section would have the largest partition (or compartment), because that's what the iphones are known for...for all of the awesome apps.

There are many apps you can get for the iPhone that aren't games...simple things like lists, reminders, apps that let you know if any place is having a sale in your area, etc.

I'm not familiar with the other one, but I know my iPhone 4 takes great pics (and video) for what it is. Certainly not comparable to my DSLR, but its good for getting snapshots where you don't have your camera.

I heard there are problems with dropped calls with the iPhone 4 and 4s. It might have to do with your cellphone network's coverage, though, because I haven't had any problems. Or maybe I just got one from a good batch.

Just sold my Iphone 4, I bought it as PAYG from apple and sold it for £300, so not too bad...I have the Galazy S2.

Now don't get me wrong I have no issues with the Iphone but like someone says you are more open with the samsung with the market, than you are with apple...and itunes!...:mad:

There's a little bit of conflict here with android vs apple as OH has always had android phones....I wanted the iphone as it was the 'in' thing...I still like it but feel I could do more or less the same thing with my samsung as the nes 4s can do..ie siri on the iphone, we have the same app on the galaxy, so feel the 4s doesn;t bring anything newer thatn the 4 did or what I have on an android phone.

its such a tough choice

Or you can go into carphone warehouse and get the S2 for FREE! :P

I'd say S2 its such an easy phone to use :D

I have the S2 and I love it. My only complaint is the backing feels flimsy, its for air flow and weight (the whole phone is super light) but I would prefer a metal backing. And the speakers are at an odd location (bottom underside, near the mic) but usually not an issue.

Another thing to take into account is the android market versus the apple market. Android has ports of near all of the iPhone apps at this point and between Amazon's free app of the day and getjar.com you hardly ever have to pay for even the premium apps.

I've played with the iPhone and the only word I had for it was underwhelming. If you like its looks the S2 looks almost identical but lighter and with 4 buttons instead of one (at least on the American version, I know some of the first ones released in Europe have the one button) .

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using Tapatalk.