Upgrading forum - Will be offline (NOW DONE)

Marc

Hi Guys,

Just a quick post to let you all know that the forum will be offline for a while shortly due to an upgrade to the base forum software. Dont worry, no massive changes or anything like that. However you will notice a few additions to the feature set which I will be doing some posts on after the upgrade.

WARNING

The version I am updating the forum to is still in beta (testing) stage, so if you find any bugs please report them as normal and I will address them with the xenforo team as soon as possible and get them sorted. I am updating at this stage as it would seem looking at the open issues there is very little to stop us from doing so, and it actually solves a few problem areas of the site so I feel its worthwhile to do so. Also on a personal point of view I find it good to give feedback to the xenforo staff to ensure that by the time it is released fully we have a solid stable product.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marc, where do you want comments? What happened to the ability to dismiss the opening message? The one that now takes up half my screen asking about info for people attending the April UK camp. I don't mind reading those once, and really wouldn't mind if they reappeared the first time I log in each day, but it was nice to be able to dismiss them so they didn't appear all the time.

Edit: reply, got it, it changed from word in the lower right to an invisible 'X' in the upper right. No problem.

Marc, where do you want comments? What happened to the ability to dismiss the opening message? The one that now takes up half my screen asking about info for people attending the April UK camp. I don't mind reading those once, and really wouldn't mind if they reappeared the first time I log in each day, but it was nice to be able to dismiss them so they didn't appear all the time.

Edit: reply, got it, it changed from word in the lower right to an invisible 'X' in the upper right. No problem.

Thank you :worship::)

I knew someone was gonna ask me that ...... Funny thing is I had to look for it too LOL

EDIT: Any questions in forum help requests forum :)

Is it too early to mention problems in Tapatalk?

Not at all .. It is however a third party app and if Im completely honest something I hadnt thought about with the update unfortunatly. Will take a look and see what updates there are available etc

Is it too early to mention problems in Tapatalk?

Please could you let me know what problems you are having with tapatalk. I can see that the pawprints are missing and to be honest I wasnt too sure the alerts are correct, however seem to be able to reply ok which is a good thing.

Not at all .. It is however a third party app and if Im completely honest something I hadnt thought about with the update unfortunatly. Will take a look and see what updates there are available etc

OK :)

Well there is a pm button at the top now. It is new for me. It doesn't work. Says problem loading, and to contact site admin to get it resolved if it continues. The other is I can't view my own profile. Can't remember what it says, I'll have a look after I submit this.

I've checked for Tapatalk updates and there wasn't any. Logged out, turned my phone off, logged back in and still the same problems.