hello from LA, CA

they call me leathaface here in LA....i am a brand new Husky owner and iam just getting used to owning a dog. i have owned a pitbull in the past but this is completely different. i dont know anything in specific about huskies but i know that i fell in love with them years ago when a husky scared the crap out of me.

my puppies name is Abby....she is 2 months old, i will put up some pics later. i hope you guys can help me take care of this dog because lord knows i dont know anything about properly taking care of a Husky:cool:

Welcome to Husky owners ... Im sure you'll find plenty of people on here who can help you with anything you need to know. Would be worth having a read through some of the threads in the questions forum as you will find lots of usefull information in there.

Hi

Welcome to the site, you'll learn everything you need to know here :)

have you got any books on the breed?

not yet....i have only had her for about 2 weeks and she is with my brother until i move within the next 2 weeks or so. once she is at my house then i will get her to start training and reading up on necessary stuff. do you recommend any books or sites (other than this one LOL)?

I found a wonderful link which has some great information for husky owners...follow the link in this post. Also, many here have made lots of positive comments on the book "Siberian Huskies for Dummies" (check Barnes and Noble, etc)

AND, welcome to the wonderful world of the Siberian. These dogs are the best....'course, I may be prejudice! Remember, as others have already said, there are no silly questions when it comes to this breed that we've all come to know and love. We have many, many experienced owners who are ready, willing, and more than able to share their knowledge. We have members who work their dogs, who have them for companions, and many (including myself) who are still learning about the breed. Can't wait for pics!

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1790

I found a wonderful link which has some great information for husky owners...follow the link in this post. Also, many here have made lots of positive comments on the book "Siberian Huskies for Dummies" (check Barnes and Noble, etc)

AND, welcome to the wonderful world of the Siberian. These dogs are the best....'course, I may be prejudice! Remember, as others have already said, there are no silly questions when it comes to this breed that we've all come to know and love. We have many, many experienced owners who are ready, willing, and more than able to share their knowledge. We have members who work their dogs, who have them for companions, and many (including myself) who are still learning about the breed. Can't wait for pics!

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1790

thank you very much.....i will check that book out...i have never owned one until now but i am already finding myself attached to this dog!!!

Check out our Health Care section. Depending upon who you talk to, this can be a frequent problem with the breed. Some say not. Personally, this hasn't been a problem for my boy (now 14 1/2 yrs old)

Many here swear by raw feeding (use the search to find the posts on this) and i can honestly say I wish I'd have known more about this when Bo was younger. We have other members who use other feeding methods as well.

I suggest checking with your breeder to see what the pup was fed there. Any changes in pups diet should be made slowly, mixing the old food with the new in progressive increments until a complete switch has been made IF you chose to change the food.

I feed a grain free food, Taste of the Wild. I do feel that this has contributed to Bo's relatively good health and longevity.

As mentiioned above - change in food can cause runny stools! Any chagne should be done gradually - mixing new food in with old! We have had Isis now nearly 5 months, and have only had a few runny stools when we first had her!

p.s. Welcome to the site!

Check out our Health Care section. Depending upon who you talk to, this can be a frequent problem with the breed. Some say not. Personally, this hasn't been a problem for my boy (now 14 1/2 yrs old)

Many here swear by raw feeding (use the search to find the posts on this) and i can honestly say I wish I'd have known more about this when Bo was younger. We have other members who use other feeding methods as well.

I suggest checking with your breeder to see what the pup was fed there. Any changes in pups diet should be made slowly, mixing the old food with the new in progressive increments until a complete switch has been made IF you chose to change the food.

I feed a grain free food, Taste of the Wild. I do feel that this has contributed to Bo's relatively good health and longevity.

thank you very much..... i am just a bit concerned but the general consensus among SH owners is that most people experience stool problems with this type. i already took her to a vet so worse case scenario is that they will do a stool sample to make sure she doesnt have anything out of the ordinary. i think that my brother didnt realize how delicate their diet is, specially when changing their food all of a sudden.

As mentiioned above - change in food can cause runny stools! Any chagne should be done gradually - mixing new food in with old! We have had Isis now nearly 5 months, and have only had a few runny stools when we first had her!

p.s. Welcome to the site!

im pretty sure its the diet.....i think my brother didnt realize the delicacy of their diet. i will correct that though when she moves in with me in t the next week or 2.

i had the problem with suka till i changed his food now he is fine unless he eats summit bit dodgy then he will have runs but soon picks up again we tried 2 or 3 different foods till we found one that agreed with him

and welcome on board

thanks...im pretty sure that is what is causing this...

this is my abby!!

Hello leathaface, abby is gorgeous!

Welcome to the pack!

We have many husky owners here from different backgrounds and at different experience levels, Im sure that what ever you need to know someone here will have the answer for you :D feel free to ask any questions no matter how silly you think it may be - we all had to start out somewhere :)

Hello and Welcome! I am first time Sibe owner as well, altho i did read up for about 5 years beforehand (i have to do my research on anything before i get it...even buying things like shoes!)

She is very cute!

thank you very much..... i am just a bit concerned but the general consensus among SH owners is that most people experience stool problems with this type. i already took her to a vet so worse case scenario is that they will do a stool sample to make sure she doesnt have anything out of the ordinary. i think that my brother didnt realize how delicate their diet is, specially when changing their food all of a sudden.

It's definitely not normal although it can be common in puppies of many breeds. What exactly are you feeding her on, maybe we can recommend a better quality food?

I feed a raw diet to two of my dogs but one dog and my cat are on Artemis which I think is fantastic!