Names for sibes, how did you come up with yours?

Olympia

I actually wanted a white German Shepherd and name it Cain when I was a kid so when we decided to get Cain and my son and husband asked me what I thought about naming our husky Cain I said yes. As for Frankie, we couldn't come up with a name and I kept saying that we should try to come up with a name that would make you think of snow like Nome (alaska) Yukon (we couldn't choose that because Cain already has a white husky friend named Yukon) but we could not choose a name we could agree on. I kept looking at Frankies baby blue eyes and kept thinking about Old Blue Eyes Frank Sinatra. I turned to my husband and said how about Frankie and he agreed so we have our Old blue eyes Frankie.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diva is a natural name for most female huskies -they just seem to know they are stunningly beautiful

Tala loves to lie on the floor facing the mirrored doors on the closet. Before Quinn was born -she would lie side by side with Lulu and they would both stare into the mirror!

Quinn was only interested in his reflexion while he thought it was another playmate and then quickly gave up when the other puppy wouldn't play. Mukki just ignores it.

i came up with jenna, because when i first got her, she was acting like a bratt, and reminded me of a friend named jennifer. and i just looked at her and went you look like a jenna and its stuck, i also call her ding ding at times., my gf calls her tornado because she runs around the house like one.

• 11 years later...
  • 1 month later...

She was named ela-yona. Its cherokee and means earth bear a nod to my wifes grandfather. While she has many nicnames, little bear is the most popular. We have even experianced someone shout “its a bear” while out walking. When we have another he/she will be sky bear 

62848511-0761-4CBF-990A-461F700174DB.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Our siberian baby girl got her name from latin word for star - Astra.We lost our first siberian,Ella,she died month prior and when we found this baby she was like a shining star in a dark and sad sky.So,she got her name,our little shining star...

received_947016112481553.jpeg

On 3/27/2009 at 12:28 PM, siberianandy said:

suka malakai was named because we liked the name malakai but it was to long for training purposes and we chose suka cus its a alaskan type name meanin g fast so he is known as suka malakai

Suka is the Russian word for bitch,female dog,usaully used for cursing,bad language.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/27/2009 at 11:08 AM, jackie62 said:

Maya was named after a dog in the movie eight below, diesel got his name as brian had a diesel van when got him , Koda as i just liked the name and Tip as she lost the tip of her tail when she was born ( or sometimes we call her stumpy ) lol. But i have looked on the internet for names i.e. native american , indian..etc.

Same Maya from the movie Eight Below. A dvd that is still apart of my movie collection some 15 years later and probably 100 views. Have always loved that name too! In Nepali I believe I read it means Love too so made it even more beautiful!

Just read this on Urban Dictionary, strangely accurate.....

Maya is one hell of a person. She might seem quite at first, but once you get to know her, she is loud and funny. She loves family and friends. A Maya can be annoying at times if she's in that mood. She's really really smart, whenever she ain't lazy. You might see Maya outside, with her friends, online, or playing the game. Unlike other girls, she is different and will stand out compare to most people. Mainly because of her beauty and voice. And be careful, she has an evil side..... Maya's have a weird taste in music, a good sense in swag, and true friends. She isn't interested in every guy she sees, but when she is, she won't stop thinking of him. Can be insecure at times. In the end, she is fun-loving, laid back and a cool girl.

• 1 year later...