Rate your broadband

Marc

Thought this might be a bit of a good discussion and usefull to others.

I would like you to rate your current broadband provider. Lets see who's offering good service nowadays.

Here's mine:

Provider: Sky Broadband

Package: 16meg unlimited

Rating: 7/10

Comments: They are ok for an ADSL provider I guess. I do occasionally have to reset my router which is a pain in the backside and you can only use their hardware which as a techie annoys the hell out of me. But in fairness Ive never been offline for any prolonged periods of time and the speed is relativly good for what I use it for.

I'm with BT....dont have a clue about mb and all that! Have only been online a few days but works fine. Had issues in our previous house as it stopped working when work had been done on power lines up the road :unsure: it never got fixed & then they tried charging us for phone calls never made!

Well i ended up having to go back to them (reluctantly) as they had to reconnect the phone which automatically fixes you into a 12 month contract so thought we may as well get our broadband with them too. but so far so good!

Freedom 2 Surf.

8 meg, full unlimited, none of that fair usage bollox.

don't get more than 6 meg cause we're about 4 miles from the exchange

want to move to south korea and get 100mb/s

Orange 8mb, quite happy with them, i get broadband, landline, internet phone(never gets used) and 2 mobile contracts for less than what bt used to charge me.

Only gripe is their fair useage policy and every few months they have "technical problems" for about 3 days.

Guest Spider_Crazy_Removed

Freeserve AKA wanadoo AKA orange

8meg unlimited

free UK landline calls anytime

free INTL landline calls anytime

free Orange mobile calls anytime

10/10

Update more after work

Peter

O2 broadband

Up to 8mb

Living less than a mile from the main exchange gives me fantastic download speeds. Rock solid, never had any connection issues from the line itself just a dying belkin router.

I rate the service as a 10/10

Provider: BT

Package: Up to 20 meg - Unlimited

Rating: 8.5/10

Comments: Great speed (17.8 max) - No downtime issues - Good customer service. And offered me a great deal to stay with them ^_^ But will be testing them again come december.

Virgin 10mb unlimited as part of a package

No problems with the broadband apart from having to reset router from time to time (about once every three months or so) The UK call centre staff are fantastic but usually get put through to an Indian call centre and they are so bad and seem to have no knowledge of there product at all even get quoted different prices depended on which call centre you get UK or indian (UK seems to quote a lot cheaper)

i'd go 7/10 it would be 9/10 if they just used UK call centres