Molly

Well i don't really know where to start, today has been a bit surreal. Molly had an aggressive form of cancer (not sure the exact type) which caused her to have lumps appear and were itchy. A few months ago she had one of the lumps removed (before we knew it was cancerous) we were then told to wait and see if it grows back and how bad as the vet believed she had got it all. Well it grew back again and again she had a 2nd operation to have the lump removed. Once this was done the vets said we need to think about other options as we can't keep operating on the same area...well she could have had chemo, but it would have meant a trip to the vets everyday (she hates going to the vets and stresses her out more) and only prolonging her life for 2 more months...we all decided this was too much for her for not much gain. So we let nature take its course. The past few weeks she has progressively been getting worse and last weeked mike's mom said that she thinks that by Saturday we will have to let her go.

This morning i got a phone call to say she was being put to sleep today, i was planning on going round tonight to say goodbye, so to be told she was leaving before i would get a chance was heartbreaking even more.

We got Molly as a rescue at 5 weeks old - the gypsies were threatening to throw the whole litter into the river in a bag, mike's mom got wind of it and said she would take one and if they couldn't find homes for the rest she would take all 6 - it was the first puppy the family had ever owned, all their other dogs were older rescues, which also makes this one doubly hard...we got her a month after mike and i started going out then a month later mike's dad was stationed in Afghanistan for 6 months...and Molly slept in the bed! she was spoilt rotten, when dad came home she kept trying to push him out of the bed! :P

I went round tonight and the house was so weird, i kept thinking she was upstairs and would come bounding down to lay kisses on me at any moment.

sorry for the rambling, i don't have the energy to re-read and make it make sense....

bottom line is we loved that dog and the house will never be the same again, all of us are devastated.

Here's a few photos - in a random order. - when i have uploaded the pics from the laptop i will show you some of her as a puppy...

this was taken a few days after the 2nd op

30884_399743757047_506062047_4058998_6683313_n.jpg

being silly!

12841_169698352047_506062047_2743276_5258736_n.jpg

last year with goldie (left) and angel (right)

6611_110020967047_506062047_2136614_1404895_n.jpg

xmas 2008

n724960437_5198383_7224.jpg

god i'm in tears again, thank you for your kind words. it just hurts so bad. :(

forgot to tell you my fave memory of her...when she was just a baby she was curled up on my lap sleeping, mike's brother shawn took her from me and put him on his lap...she got up and crawled back to me to sleep, was the cutest hing ever.

Oh Sarah, I'm so sorry. If it helps, I'm crying now as well. I hate to see any of our furbabies leave. But it's something we all have to deal with. Does not make it any easier though. Zoya sends Husky Hugs.

Dont worry about Molly, Goldie will show her the ropes at the rainbow bridge and they'll both be there waiting for you happy pups bouncing around waiting to curl up in your lap once again! Just remember all the good times you had with her and try not to be too sad that you cant see her for a while... Hugs honey, Eika will give you a cuddle! :)

Oh Sarah, I'm so sorry.

I wish there was a way to make this easier on you and your family. Remember that we grieve no more than the joy we received. Molly must have been very good at giving joy to you and your family to have you feel the way you do.

*Hugs my husky-owner friend, hugs to you and yours*

crying.gif