Cb radio

Mistyrayn

just trying to find if any one like me was or is into CB Radio

I 1st got into it as a child when my step father came home with one was about 11 yr old and it was then on an AM frequency in the UK and illegal... think it shaped my life for years to come as ive allways had a CB or of later years gone into frequency scanning and SBS system..even started learning years ago how to repair radios..... it was great going as a kid on Convoys to london to campaign to legalise it with thousands of others in cars , lorries vans of all sorts with signs etc all over them and from all accross the UK ..... made some good friends from CB over the years of which some i still speak to...

my handle was the "Midnight Mover"

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I know I'm old!!!

When I got my first full-time job as a youth worker back in 1977, all the kids were into CB radio. "1-4 for a copy!" was the cry (whatever that meant) and I remember spending lots of time trying to convince vulnerable young women that it probably wasn't a good idea to arrange "an eyeball" in the park at night with some bloke they'd never met and could be 20 years older than them. Luckily, they soon discovered the delights of punk and CB disappeared completely in our area.

Mick

This will prob sound sad but ive never heard of Cb Radio!

CB was Citzen Band Radio.. widely used in the States.. but introduced into the UK somewhere early 1970's..

it was an early form of communication / 2way radio before mobile phones were around ( and illegal till 1982 ish )... u could chat with people with the right set up across the country or even across the water..

u see the boy racers all meeting up in car parks... well CB ers did it first lol

we had a language all of our own to communicate with out others understanding.. better known as the 10 code.. and for mick's knowledge " 1-4 for a copy " meant 14 as in the channel which was used as a calling channel. and copy meant chat... so 1-4 for a copy meant "im on channel 14 is there any one who would like to chat to me" ..

oh Happy days !!!!

brings back memories when i was little my dad was always on it he was the laird i was called little bo peep and my sister was chunky and more embarrassment he had t shirts done with our names on he used to no alot of truck drivers through it and he let me ride in one one day i was so excited couldnt just do that nowadays x

My dad had one too. He was "Crackerbox" - (as we lived in a mobile home) Lordy he loved that thing. He'd sit up for hours and hours listening to skip and chatting with many.

I was "Lil Oly" though I don't remember why.

Am glad I'm not the only one who feels old after reading our youngsters comments!

CB was Citzen Band Radio.. widely used in the States.. but introduced into the UK somewhere early 1970's..

it was an early form of communication / 2way radio before mobile phones were around ( and illegal till 1982 ish )... u could chat with people with the right set up across the country or even across the water..

u see the boy racers all meeting up in car parks... well CB ers did it first lol

we had a language all of our own to communicate with out others understanding.. better known as the 10 code.. and for mick's knowledge " 1-4 for a copy " meant 14 as in the channel which was used as a calling channel. and copy meant chat... so 1-4 for a copy meant "im on channel 14 is there any one who would like to chat to me" ..

oh Happy days !!!!

Oh yeah, I know what you mean now! No I didn't have one anyway but my older brother had one aparently, before I came into the world

brings back memories when i was little my dad was always on it he was the laird i was called little bo peep and my sister was chunky and more embarrassment he had t shirts done with our names on he used to no alot of truck drivers through it and he let me ride in one one day i was so excited couldnt just do that nowadays x

Yeah right we know what you girlys from stoke on trent are like ;)