Hello everyone

Hello everyone my name is Stan. Me and my girlfriend Gretchen are future owners of a black and white female husky named Akira. She is currently 2 weeks old and we will not receive for another 5 weeks. We have been talking about getting her and preparing for months now, doing homework and gathering information about the Siberian Husky. We are very excited about our husky and are counting down the days until we bring her home! Akira's mother is an all white husky and her father is a gray and white husky. They both have blue eyes. Me and Gretchen were the first to inquire about this litter so we got the first pick. We both wanted a black and white female husky but weren't expecting to get one. However, we got lucky. Akira was the only black and white female of the litter. She has 4 sisters. 2 all white, 1 gray and white, and a black and white piebald (pinto) colored. She also has one gray and white brother. We are both very excited about Akira can't wait to have her join our family!!

Hey Stan, welcome to the Pack! I might suggest you hold off until your pup is 8 weeks old before brining her home. The reason is that between six and eight weeks, puppies learn a lot about bite inhibition from their mom and siblings, and also learn about pack order, which leads to fewer training problems later when you do finally bring the precious bundle of fur home. Some states will not allow breeders to release pups until they are eight weeks old, and airlines cannot accept a pup younger than eight weeks for shipment. But if you do take her home at seven weeks, it's not the end of the world. You'll just have to be a bit more patient and do a bit more training to help her adjust.

Aside from that, you may want to start selecting a vet to take Akira to for her shots, and other needs. Talk to other pet owners and get recommendations and call or better yet, visit several vet clinics to see which one you like the best.

There are a lot of posts on this forum filled with very useful information. Here's a link that should give you some good insight:

Make darn sure you get lots of pics and post them up when you can. We all love pics. If you have any questions, always feel free to post them. There are a lot of great members here who have a lot of experience and knowledge that are more than willing to help provide answers.

Can't wait til you have her home and post some pics.

Yea we won't be shipping her. The breeder lives close to us. The breeders have are great. We've met them and they are very nice. When we get Akira she will already have her first set of shots. We have already picked out a vet for her also. We will be taking A LOT of pictures of her. We have already received many pictures from the breeders of her. We bought a digital camera just so we could take pictures and videos of her. We even already started making a scrap book. We're planning on enrolling her in puppy kindergarden. We are very determined to train her and can't wait to bring her home.

Hi Stanley welcome to the forum - you must be soooo excited. Huskies are the most amazing animals and I am sure you will have lots of fun and adventures with her. Pics of course are a must - we love puppies. Must warn you though, Huskies are very addictive.

Welcome Stan,

I agree with mazz about bring your new member of the family home until she is 8 weeks or older. Also agree with looking for a great vet. I would suggest when looking for a vet that you get a personal relationship with the vet. Getting to know your vet is important and builds trust. Despite you husky already getting her first set of shot i recommend you still taking her to the vet as soon as possible to just get her a general check up. Dont be afraid to ask questions about the breed and the overall breeds health. A good vet would welcome any and all questions that you have.

Another suggestion i have is to start looking into that puppy food you would want to feed her. Remember that you will have to introduce the puppy food you want her to eat by mixing a little at a time to the food that they might have or will start her own. There are too many "dog foods" out there that you can buy and they are all not good. Do research on the ingredients in that "dog food". I will not go into detials about which i suggest only because there are already threads about dog food here.

Last but not least i would suggest you researching into micro-chipping your loved one. Huskies are highly intellectual dogs and know for digging and their great escapes. Just some more fun reading for you. Welcome to the family and we wanna see those pictures!

Hiya, Stan, welcome to the pack :wave:

It's gonna feel like years till your furbaby is ready to come home! But Akira will SO be worth the wait! I do agree with the others, if at all possible, pick the pup up after 8 weeks of age, it will do her the world of good learning from her siblings :)

Look forward to seeing pics of the new pack member :D

All I can say is they look awesome, the mom and dad, and the pups, especially Akira.