Forum Changes

Marc

Hi peeps,

Some of you may have noticed a few changes to the forum over the past few days in the way that the forum works, in the way that bits look etc, so thought I would post up a quick announcement to let you all know about the recent changes:

Firstly I have added a new navigation bar to the top of the forum. This is to make room so that we can add more links to the site ready for new content areas of the forum. These areas are yet to be announced as they are not fully decided upon, however keep your eye out for new areas appearing on there.

Secondly there have been a couple of small changes to the reputation system. You will have noticed that you are now unable to give reputation to yourself. This is for obvious reasons as you could have simply repped every post of your own in order to gain points. The ability to give negative reputation has also been removed as to be honest we thought it a little pointless. If you like something someone posts, give them a point, if not then don't.

Next you will notice over the next few days that the rules on the forum will change. This is happening as there are many areas of the forum that the rules currently do not cover due to them being written originally for the previous forum software where things like blogs, statuses, chatrooms etc were not available.

The newsletter you will also see reappearing shortly for you all where we can keep you updated with what is going on around the forum and in the community as a whole.

The calender is in the process of being split into sections by myself to make this more usable. You will notice already that I have set up a new calender for husky owner events where you can add things like meetups etc. Still a little more to do on this but its getting there.

Blog will be having a little makeover this coming weekend as there are a lot of layout issues at present.

You will also notice that the top 10 posters over the past 24 hours now appears on the sidebar ... PLEASE can someone knock Sarah off her pedestol LOL

Please also note that the forum software will also be recieving an update at some point over the next week during which time the forum may be offline for around an hour.

Other than that, nothing to tell you all LOL :)

Where's everybodys reps goneunsure.gif

Ican't see em anymoresad.gif

Hi Andy,

They are still there however I have some conflicts with the way in which the new menu interacts with the page so had to remove it from the postbit until I can get it sorted. Probably over the weekend.

You can still view them however from people profiles