Hello my fellow sibe owners!

Hello everyone!

My name is Kelly and my husband, children, and I just adopted Franco a week ago. He will be 7 in a few weeks. His previous owners went through a divorce and could not keep him. She was a stay at home wife and did nothing but spoil Franco lol. He came with bad walking, table, sleeping, furniture, and people manners. He was alpha in his mind. So this past week has been WORK needless to say. But we have been vigorously working with him and I have to say it is working. We are new to the husky breed but have been reading for months now and trying to learn as much as we can. I had a trainer that has 5 huskies come to our house yesterday and work with us. Taught us a lot. But if any of you have any tips or thoughts that would help us out we would be great full. Just want the best for Franco and for our family. Looking forward to chatting with you all.

Hi Kelly. Welcome to the pack. Kudos for taking Franco into your home. I'm not much help on redirecting an adult Husky. Being consistent, firm, and fair would be important. I think working with a trainer is a great idea. There are some very knowledgeable members on this forum, that will be able to give you some good advice. In the mean time, if you have some pics of Franco, we'd love to see them.

Hiya, Kelly, welcome to the pack :wave:

Great to hear you've helped Franco out by rehoming him, shame he has so much to learn! By the sounds of things, you have started on the right foot with him, he is responding to you, you just need to keep it going, praise him loads when he behaves, ignore bad behaviour & walk away. Sounds like your trainer is helping you out loads too, huskies are quick learners, hopefully Franco will pick everything up & he learns his manners :D

BTW, I love your pics of you both in the snow .... gorgeous!

Hello everyone!

My name is Kelly and my husband, children, and I just adopted Franco a week ago. He will be 7 in a few weeks. His previous owners went through a divorce and could not keep him. She was a stay at home wife and did nothing but spoil Franco lol. He came with bad walking, table, sleeping, furniture, and people manners. He was alpha in his mind. So this past week has been WORK needless to say. But we have been vigorously working with him and I have to say it is working. We are new to the husky breed but have been reading for months now and trying to learn as much as we can. I had a trainer that has 5 huskies come to our house yesterday and work with us. Taught us a lot. But if any of you have any tips or thoughts that would help us out we would be great full. Just want the best for Franco and for our family. Looking forward to chatting with you all.

Hi Kelly, Franco and family! Well done for taking this boy in! As has been said, best way with sibes (particularly ones who already think thier the boss) is firm but fair. We have two basic rules in our house:

1) Nothing in life is free... my girl has to earn everything, for instance she has to be calmly laying in her crate giving me full eye contact before she will get her dinner. and

2) the always or never rule, so she knows that I make the rules and I will always stick to them and so must she... for instance she is ALWAYS allowed on the sofa muddy or not is up to me to sort her out before shes allowed past me into the livingroom.. if I let her through before shes clean, I have to do the clean up but equally she must ALWAYS move when told to.

It really important that dogs learn where they come in the household and little things like making them sit before you feed them and the family always eating first just gives them this information in a way they can understand.

Anyway sounds like your doing great, already having a trainer who knows the breed will help a ton... any other questions tho just post um up and we'll all give you our best responces!

Welcome and Good luck!

xxx