*ALINAH IS A "ROCK" STAR*

ARMANI & ALINAH

ALINAH has thrown up 2 rocks in the last 4days!! We took her to Vet today to have her XRayed to see if she has more rocks inside her. (YEP, well of course, why wouldn't there be!) Sure enough, 2 more rocks showed on XRay up in her GI Track...(just my luck)!! (*I have NEVER EVER seen her chewing rocks & always supervise the dogs closely.) Vet is keeping her, putting an IV in to keep her extra hydrated, putting her on a high mega fiber diet...hoping the fiber will push those rocks through. One of the rocks is in her upper GI Track...They are hoping she can throw up the rocks or pass them through her stools...and with a little help of the grass she ate this morning!! If neither of the rocks move within a day or two, she'll then need surgery. I'm prayer she can pass them herself & no surgery. Need prayers which makes the "POWER OF PRAYERS" stronger.

The rocks she threw up are about 1.25" big. The 2 rocks that are stuck in her GI Tract are bigger. Anyway, below are the 2 rocks I saw come out from her throwing up. Wish us luck!!288deec1b85df5a823524a2f2455af0c.jpg4ae3a7fed989a61511647d2fa9c2fa6a.jpg

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ALINAH has passed one of the small rocks YAY!!! In the photo, it's the smallest. The other rock is still inside her & had been way up high. The Vet is hoping it will work it's way down in a few days; he thought it might be bigger than shown here. He said some dogs do this their whole life. I surely hope not. ALINAH ROCKS alright!! Her rock collection is starting to get a little big!! I take her Thursday to get another XRay (and pray no "extras" are in her tumtum, bcuz I've been really watching her outside!)
Thank you all so so much for your prayers!! You are all so sweet & the best!! MWAH[emoji182]@PaulG
I'll have to look into the muzzle you mentioned. Thank you very much![emoji171]6a052f2b269abb277f5d79bfe716defe.jpg

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

Thank you!! Me too! Nothing like having to sift through poodoo to find rocks, then rinse off with hose, wash & bleach. Just thought I'd keep her collection LOL and keep track how often this pattern is. ALINAH better pass it one end or the other. She threw up the first two & the smallest one came out in stool. I'm hoping to see the bigger one today cuz I'm getting worried!

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

Thank you!! I have no idea why she wants to eat rocks. I just wonder how long she's done this. Now I'm trying to make sure both dogs have plenty of food in them before they go out & play. They play so hard & wild, and she's smaller than ARMANI and wonder if she gets hungry & eats rocks?? So I'm trying new things to get this to stop. All these x-rays are getting too expensive!

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

I took ALINAH to Vet today for x-ray to see if the 4th rock was out of her. Vet said the ROCK is still INSIDE her tummy!! It probably won't be coming out any time soon. Since she feels great (eating drinking playing & going potty both ways), it can be left alone. I'm cool with that decision and it seems reasonable. (Rocks can stay inside a dog for it's lifetime my Vet said.) Plus it's a small one like the third rock that came out. Vet said it's moving around in different pockets of the stomach. I'm still hoping it works itself out. (At this time, the "unreasonable" thing to do would be to have surgery & cut the stomach ~or~ have an Endoscopy to try pulling up the rock, both with anesthesia.)
Thanks so much for all your prayers & support!! Since she feels great...ALINAH ROCKS & WE BE JAMMING!!
🤗[emoji171][emoji169][emoji172][emoji274]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

@PaulG
I think I know but not quite sure what a cage muzzle is...(black plastic muzzle with black strips that go parallel with the snout)??
If I get one, ALINAH won't be able to bite ARMANI's neck... (I know, silly worrying LOL, but she needs her mouth because they play fight & roughhouse all day pulling each other's necks & biting all day, etc.)
Yesterday, I couldn't believe it! ALINAH picked up a rock & started chewing on it right in front of me trying to be all cute!! I pulled open her mouth & the rock fell out. I told her "no no" & "rocks are bad." Then later she did it again so I took the rock from her. I don't know if this is like a bad habit like nail-biting, but hope this is just a puppy phase. (There's plenty of outside toys for them but guess that's not good enough. They want to get dirty, eating/digging the mud, pulling up grass, sticks, rocks, anything natural & Earthy!!)
Anyway, I'll have to look for a cage muzzle. Thanks very much@PaulG !!
🤓[emoji191][emoji169]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

@PaulG
I think I know but not quite sure what a cage muzzle is...(black plastic muzzle with black strips that go parallel with the snout)??
If I get one, ALINAH won't be able to bite ARMANI's neck... (I know, silly worrying LOL, but she needs her mouth because they play fight & roughhouse all day pulling each other's necks & biting all day, etc.)
Yesterday, I couldn't believe it! ALINAH picked up a rock & started chewing on it right in front of me trying to be all cute!! I pulled open her mouth & the rock fell out. I told her "no no" & "rocks are bad." Then later she did it again so I took the rock from her. I don't know if this is like a bad habit like nail-biting, but hope this is just a puppy phase. (There's plenty of outside toys for them but guess that's not good enough. They want to get dirty, eating/digging the mud, pulling up grass, sticks, rocks, anything natural & Earthy!!)
Anyway, I'll have to look for a cage muzzle. Thanks very much[mention=13086]PaulG[/mention] !!
🤓[emoji191][emoji169]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

Yeah cage muzzles are the ones that look a bit like baskets , when u open her mouth to get her to drop the stone say drop n then praise her eventually you won't have to open her mouth she'll just do it when u say drop it ;)

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

@PaulG
Anyway, I'll have to look for a cage muzzle. Thanks very much[mention=13086]PaulG[/mention] !!
🤓[emoji191][emoji169]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

You just described a husky perfectly they want to get all muddy, dirty and all things natural. Basically anything that could cause them harm they go for LOL [emoji23] I don't know about the muzzle thing as husky play rough and hard it would be hard to play with that on all the time. She would have a hard time playing back as huskies use their mouths to play. [emoji4][emoji4]🤗🤗

Sent from my Pixel using Husky Owners mobile app

Thanks NIX for helping...anything to help her with this "new" problem (if it is new or I just happened to catch it with 4rocks in her belly until she threw up the first & second rocks. The right rock and all could be life threatening. I did praise her both times but will say "drop it" in the future. Thanks very much!!🤗[emoji179]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

I wouldn’t risk an op to get the rock out, hopefully it’ll work it’s way out on its own, maybe it’s just a phase she’s going thru, I seem to remember Cai used to try and chew on the chippings in my garden but it didn’t last long, I found a couple in his poop once and just watched him like a hawk after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

You're absolutely right. It would be totally "unreasonable" to cut into her stomach or intestines unless she becomes serious I with a blockage. Even the Endoscopy would be unnecessary at this point bcuz she's feeling great, eating great, going potty great, etc. The rock has moved around her stomach for over a week now. It could stay in there forever or eventually pass it bcuz it's small enough to hopefully pass through fine.
ARMANI used to chew on bigger rocks. I could get his belly XRayed but he feels great as well. I guess... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" So I'm watching ALINAH every second & trying to teach her no rocks!! Thank you again!![emoji171][emoji169][emoji179]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

Archived